How do I process pay after first RDO accrual?

Nicola_7735894
Nicola_7735894 Member Posts: 2
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
I have just added RDO accrual into the Payroll & Employee section. When I go to process pays, and input 40 hours worked, it pays the employee for the 40hours, not the 38hours that I want. How do I allow for and process the 2 hours of RDO accrual?

Comments

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Hi Nicola.  I assume that you are talking about a salaried person here.  What you need to do is to set up the RDO paryoll item exactly in the same manner as the Salary item and also I would imagine in the same way that  you have probably set up a Sick Leave item.  The RDO item would also then be treated as Yearly Salary.  Then, when you go to do the pay, the salary item would have 38 hours recorded against it (and the gross amount would not change at this point) and then record the 2 hours against RDO and the salary will then be split on a pro rata basis between "normal" salary of 38 hours and "RDO salary" of 2 hours, resulting in the overall gross remaining the same.  I am assuming that you are actually paying staff for the rostered day off.  If not, there is another simple solution.  John L G
  • Nicola_7735894
    Nicola_7735894 Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2015
    Hi John,
    Thanks for your reply. My apologies for not putting more detail in my original question. No, not salaried, employees on hourly wages.
    Nicola

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Hi Nicola.  The answer is basically the same.  Make sure you set up the RDO item the same as your Hourly Wages payroll item.  It is then simply a matter of saying hourly wages hours of 38 and RDO hours of 2.  The sum of these two payments = 40 hours.  Your SGC items should also be set up to pay on the RDO hours.  John L G