How do I put a ref # for each individual job on invoices? Can't find anywhere on customer job detail

Roslyn_9745732
Roslyn_9745732 Member Posts: 102
edited August 2018 in Accounts Hosted
Hi, I am using Reckon Hosted and setting up my invoices. I need to use a reference number for each individual job but can't find anywhere on the customer job details to put the reference. Can anyone helptwith this ? Thanks

Comments

• Catherine Healy
    Catherine Healy Member Posts: 16
    edited August 2018
    Have you tried adding in a Sales Order box or using a Purchase Order box. The only thing is you have put your own entries into these boxes each time. Hope this helps.
  • Roslyn_9745732
    Roslyn_9745732 Member Posts: 102
    edited August 2018
    Thanks Catherine.  Yes, I did try that but as you say you have to enter it every time.  I want something that will happen automatically
  • Kerrie H
    Kerrie H Member Posts: 97 ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Hi Roslyn,

For a job number onto each individual invoice, Go to Lists - Templates - Choose the invoice you use - edit - additional customisation - under the header tab choose project/job (screen and print) and change the title if desired, you may need to adjust the layout designer to locate it where you wish. 

Because I create invoices from sales orders I have had to use the other box and label it "Job" to match my sales order template selections, as the sales order template will not let me choose screen (only print) for the job field.

For individual jobs, you could try opening the customer job card and define fields on the additional info tab.  I haven't used these, but just done a quick test and it looks like you can then add it to your form template for invoice. 

Good luck.