How do I reset an incorrect STP App username e-mail address?

• Problem
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • In Progress

I can no longer login to the app.  I was able to make a payroll report when first logged in, but now password I recorded does not work and it appears the e-mail address attached to the account was truncated ("name@company.com" instead of “name@company.com.au").  Consequently, I cannot reset the password (the reset request goes to the truncated (non-existent?) e-mail address) or otherwise login and correct the e-mail address.  I attempted to correct this by creating a "name@company.com.au" account, but the app correctly notes that my company ABN is already associated with another account.

I’m stuck.  I can login to new the "name@company.com.au" account on the app, but it isn't set up, and when I enter my company ABN it tells me that the company is already registered (presumably to the "name@company.com" account).  I can't login to that account because the password doesn't work and I can't reset the password because the e-mail address is wrong.

How can I correct the "name@company.com" account name to "name@company.com.au" or otherwise access the account?

Photo of Darryn

Darryn

• 522 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Richard Freedman

Richard Freedman

• 70 Points
If it's any consolation its not letting us login either. Nor does it let us login after we have successfully reset the password via the link provided in the app.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 81,854 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Richard,
Are you in the same situation in that you've registered on the app using an incorrect email address or is there something different?
Photo of Richard Freedman

Richard Freedman

• 70 Points
I thought my reply was quite clear. 

" its not letting us login either. Nor does it let us login after we have successfully reset the password via the link provided in the app"

1. The App is saying incorrect password
2. the link provided in the app to reset the password takes you to the reset password website
3. the website password reset sends an email to reset password
4. the password is reset from the link provided in the email
5. the website itself lets me login there with the new password no probs
6. when i try to login to the App with the new password the App says incorrect password.
Photo of Darryn

Darryn

• 492 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Have Reckon resolved your problem?  Like you, once my username problem was resolved, I was able to login to the Customer Portal and change my password, but still can't get into the app - I get this error screen.
Photo of Darryn

Darryn

Thanks Richard. It's some consolation, but suggests my problem has at least two parts. I've seen posts saying deleting and reinstalling the app solves a login problem, but I need a response from one of the Reckon advisors or moderators.  Sounds like you do too.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 84,752 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Darryn,
So just to check, you can't login with the 'incorrect' email address anymore since you've gone through the password reset process correct?
If that's the case, then I'll need to grab some details from you.

• The incorrect email address that was used to register on the app
  • The ABN that was registered to the app
  • The business name
Send that to me at community@reckon.com and please include the link to this post in the email.
Photo of Darryn

Darryn

Details passed on.
Photo of Sue Sue

Sue Sue

• 70 Points
I'm having the exact same problem.   it cannot re-set my password as it has my email address without the .au
I have also emailed Rav, hoping he can help
(Edited)
Photo of Seamus Phillips

Seamus Phillips

• 222 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Darren I’m having the same issue as you with the error coming up, how did you fix it?
Photo of Darryn

Darryn

It's still not fixed.  If you haven't made any reports the problem can be solved by getting the account deleted and then re-registering.  In my case that's apparently not an option as I have one payroll (and EoY report) that requires amendment.
I suggest you put more details about the circumstances of your problem in your post.  The moderator here (Rav) has been good at solving problems for people with issues similar to mine, even though mine isn't resolved yet.
Photo of Sue Sue

Sue Sue

• 70 Points
I'm having the exact same problem.   it cannot re-set my password as it has my email address without the .au
I have also emailed Rav, hoping he can help

Photo of Darryn

Darryn

The app really needs an e-mail confirmation step before a new account is created, to avoid this problem.
Photo of Andy Wright

Andy Wright

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have sent my details too. Did you guys get a resolution?
Photo of Darryn

Darryn

Not yet, although Rav the moderator assures me they're working on it.
Photo of Andy Wright

Andy Wright

Thanks Darryn. Hmmm. We have our first pay period under this regime in two days. Maybe I will have to find something else.
Photo of Darryn

Darryn

I think I've got until the end of the month to fix my doubling-up problem and can be patient a while longer.  It sounds like you have no choice but to sign up elsewhere.
Photo of Andy Wright

Andy Wright

I sent an email to Rav and he has it sorted. We just had to re-register.
Photo of Darryn

Darryn

Had you made any reports previously?  I'd like to think it would solve my problem, but suspect I can't just re-register because I already have a report that I need to amend.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 82,118 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Unfortunately, that's exactly why I can't do a quick fix on your one Darryn, because there are submissions to the ATO from the app (whether successful or otherwise). If there wasn't I'd be able to delete the ABN registration and app account in full and we'd be able to start fresh. I'm still pursuing this though because I know you won't be the only one in this predicament.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Darryn,
Haven't forgot about you, the app & Portal team have work underway at the moment which will correct the problem here. 
I know you've been super patient and I'm really appreciative of that. Apologies for the hassle this is causing at the moment.
Photo of Darryn

Darryn

Thanks for the update.  If your team is working on the problem, I trust that means the cause has been identified.
I have been wondering about my "Plan B" if you can't get me access to my account on the app.  I'd like to be sure that I've got access or an alternative plan at least a week before the end of the month so that I have time to make the corrections to my EoY figures and be sure they're processed properly.
I know it's the perennial stupid IT question, but do you have any indication of how long it will be before the fix is ready?

Photo of Darryn

Darryn

Is there any chance that I might be able to get into the app if you reverse the change of e-mail address (and reset my password?)?  Part of my problem was that I couldn't login to the app with either my correct or incorrect e-mail/usernames and was only able to reset the password once the e-mail/username was changed.  Provided I know the password, I can live with the original incorrect email as a username until the fix is ready if it gives me access to the app.

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

I can give it a try Darryn. Give me a sec and I'll update it back to the incorrect email address and then I'll get you to try logging in.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hmmm, ok I'm really sorry but I don't think its going to work. I can change the email address back but I don't have access to the password side of things which I guess is how its supposed to be.

Could you try logging in with the incorrect email address AND the former password if you still remember it and see if it will allow you through? I'm guessing it won't but its worth a try.
(Edited)
Photo of Darryn

Darryn

I'm in!!!!!!
Used the old e-mail and new password (ie no need for you to go in and change that as well).
I'll now carefully work my way through the app and see if I can make the adjustment I need.
I presume there'll be an update once the fix is ready at your end.  I'll keep an eye out and get back to you to re-correct my e-mail address then.
Thanks for the prompt response to this suggestion.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Great to hear Darryn! Yes I'll let you know once the dev team have come through on their end.
Photo of Merryl Hilton

Merryl Hilton

• 152 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This is my problem too.  My email login is missing its . au
Photo of Darryn

Darryn

Merryl,  if you can still log in to the app and have made reports, you're best to wait for the promised update before getting the moderators here to correct it.  Changing the e-mail address on an account seems to lock you out.  If you haven't made any reports, they can reset the link to your ABN and let you re-register after they fix the e-mail address.  I suggest you give a few more details and wait for a response.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Darryn,
My dev team have just let me know that they've rectified the cause of the email change problem.

If you're up for it, can I ask you to be my test subject?
If that's ok, can I get you to logout of the app then head over to https://portal.reckon.com and log in there with your current login credentials. Go into My Profile and edit your email address there to your correct email address and save it.
Once that is done log into the app with your updated (correct) email address and let me know if it works for you?

I've tested this on a dummy account I created to reproduce the error and had successful results.
Photo of Darryn

Darryn

All good.  I'm a happier guinea pig.

I logged into the portal site, changed the e-mail address in my profile and got the confirmation e-mail message.  Logged in to and out of the portal again then had no trouble getting into the app.

Now to fix up that problem (https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/stp-app-cant-make-negative-2018-19-adjustment-amongst-oth...) with the incorrect YTD figures and inability to make a 2018-19 YTD adjustment ......

(Edited)
Photo of Darryn

Darryn

One hiccup....

The email address on the Company screen hasn't updated (and is the one thing that can't be edited).  It's also unchanged in the Portal site, under the Staff tab.
I don't know if this will be a source of further problems, but your developers may want to take a look.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.