how do I resolve: the reckon accounts company file"\**.qbw"cannot be opened. the problem can be ffi

Bill Tom
Bill Tom Member Posts: 3
edited August 2018 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
we are using reckon accounts 2018.  We may have tried to open our *.qbw file in our old reckon accounts 2017.  Now I get a message saying file cannot be opened.  it says the problem can be fixed by log out of windows and ask the windows administrator at your site to log in to windows and open this company file in reckon accounts.
What does this mean?  We have the file on a server which has reckon accounts 2018 server version and the reckon accounts on a couple of desktops which access the file on the server.  We have 5 licences.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited August 2018
    Hi Bill,
    To clarify, are you trying to open a QBW file that you've upgraded and used on the 2018 edition of Reckon Accounts in Reckon Accounts 2017?
    And since then you cannot open it in the 2018 edition anymore?

Or are you getting that message when trying to open the 2018 upgraded file in 2017?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Bill Tom
    edited August 2018
    we accidently tried reckon 2017.  It did not work.  Now we cannot open the file in reckon 2018.  The file was upgraded from 2017 in July and has been working fine until this week. 
    thanks
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited August 2018
    Thanks for that Bill,

A couple of things to try here,
    Firstly, restart the PC and server. Its best to speak to your IT or admin in regard to implications of restarting your individual server.

Does the problem persist? If yes, then see below.

Delete the .ND file from server from the same location where the Reckon Accounts data file is located. Rescan the folder again with Database Server Manager which will recreate the .ND file. Once that is complete, retry opening the file.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Bill Tom
    edited August 2018
    Hi Ray,
    thanks for your advice.
    So far I have not had success.  We actually run two *.qbw files.  One is working and the other is not. I have rebooted both server and computer before contacting support.
    I have now moved (rather than deleted) the .ND files and then rescanned drive.  i have .nd files with todays date but still one *.qbw opening and one with error message. 
    I have tried going back to some backup files from snapshot over last week.  I am getting the -6129,-101 error message there.

I will retry the reboot and .nd scan tomorrow, and let you know.
    thanks
    Bill