How do I restore a backup file in Home and Business 2017

Michael_7923642
Michael_7923642 Member Posts: 5
When I go to restore a backup file from a USB I follow the prompts but it does not restore despite saying it has. The backup file has a Rkn extension as opposed to the Qdb files my earlier versions used to create. Can anyone help please?

Comments

• Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 473 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited September 2019

Hi Michael do you mean "as opposed to the QDF files"????  Have you recently upgraded?  What version were you on and what version are you now on please?  And what version do you now have installed please?

Regards, Robyn Kelly

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,204 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    edited May 2019
    Michael,
    Make sure after you do a backup with .RKN extension that when you come to restoring it later that you are looking at the correct backup file, after you do a restore you will need to go and open the file form the menu bar, always check to file name as it came change from your original.
    Need anymore help give me a call on 0418907140, i will be back in Aus. at the end of the month.

Gerry

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• Michael_7923642
    Michael_7923642 Member Posts: 5
    edited October 2017
    Yes Robyn it is a QDF,  I got that wrong.
  • Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 473 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited March 2018
    Did you get this working Michael?
  • Vivren
    Vivren Member Posts: 2

Hi my name is Warren, I have a 2005 version of Quicken personal plus which I have just transferred from my old computer to the new one. Now I would like to restore everything from my backup USB to the program. When I click the restore button it takes me to a dialog box and asks for a file name, what do I put in there. How do I find the file name

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,204 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert

call me on 0418907140 and i will see whats going on.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• Vivren
    Vivren Member Posts: 2

Hi everyone out there I'd just like to let you know that Gerry Winter fixed my problem. He was a very pleasant person to deal with and was also very patient and spared no effort in helping me. He went the extra mile so to speak. I have no hesitation in recommending him to all of you should you have any problems. Thanks very much Gerry.