How do I reverse incorrect setup for STP. Inadvertantly signed in and created an account for Reckon

Options
Kim_9732923
Kim_9732923 Member Posts: 1
edited August 2018 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Hi Kimmie,

You can add the correct product ie. Reckon Accounts (Desktop) by clicking the 'Add Products' button at the top of the screen. 

At this stage you cannot remove any products from GovConnect STP, the team will be looking at adding this functionality in future.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Kim_9602447
    Kim_9602447 Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Hi Rav, I have navigated to the add products but all that appears is Reckon One, Reckon Cloud and GovConnect. I am concerned that I am not fulfilling our obligations.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Ah I see what you mean, you're on the right track Kim,
    What you need to do from here is set up GovConnect that you see on the left for Single Touch Payroll services. 

Check out this Help article, it will take you through the whole process from signing up, setting up GovConnect and submitting pay events - GovConnect Single Touch Payroll

You'll also need to take note of this -
    Single Touch Payroll - AUSkey and Software ID FAQ's
    Where is my Software ID for GovConnect Single Touch Payroll (STP)?

This webinar will also come in handy to give you a demonstration of the whole process -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfC12tKmFNY

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Kim_9602447
    Kim_9602447 Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Thank you so much this has been very helpful. I have managed to stumble my way in up until trying to lodge the files. I try to upload but then an error message appears advising invalid company information. I have registered the SBR information at the ATO and as far as I am aware the information with Reckon has ABN as per. I can't see what I could be missing. Is there anything else that you can suggest. I can see that our entity name in STP is different to our actual trading name in Reckon accounts Company information but obviously the ABN number is the same. If I change the trading name in our program to include the entity name would this work. One other question I needed to ask is about the Employee ID number. As we are hospitality we use employee surnames and initial for this as apposed to a number to save confusion. Would this perhaps be a conflict? I can't see why it would be just checking everything. Kim  
  • Rav
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Glad to hear you've made some progress Kim :) 
    In regard to the invalid company information message, our KB article here addresses the causes of this - 
    “Invalid Company Information error” in Govconnect STP when submitting pays from Reckon Accounts

Please take note in particular that your legal name in Reckon Accounts must match perfectly with what's displayed from GovConnect STP and must match the case sensitivity. 

In regard to your employee number fields, while we recommend using a number, it is alphanumeric so you can use a name if you wish, however they must be unique ie. you cannot have two names that are the same eg. two staff members with the surname Smith for example etc.