How do I stop Reckon from assigning paid parental leave hours to personal leave?

Options
Barbara de Waard_10081632
Barbara de Waard_10081632 Member Posts: 3
edited June 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I've just set up a Paid Parental Leave payroll item in Reckon (Premier 2019 edition) but when I process the payment, it assigns the hours to come out of personal leave.  How do I stop that from happening?

Comments

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Options
    When you created the payroll item - did you select personal leave on one of the screens?  It sounds like you must have and this is why its deducting the hours - unfortunately you cant see this particular screen again once you have created the item.  So you need to delete that item and create it again - this time be sure to choose Payroll Item Type - Wage - then on the next screen - choose Paid Parental Leave... 
  • Barbara de Waard_10081632
    Barbara de Waard_10081632 Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Hi Linda....I couldn't delete the payroll item as it was "a special payroll item" and couldn't be deleted (it would seem that it was set up incorrectly initially....oops), so I made it inactive and created a new item that seems to have worked.  Thank you so much for your help.  I do have one more issue now though....the YTD Used hours for personal and holiday leave have increased....any ideas as to why?
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2019
    Options
    hmm .. did you change the entry that was using the old parental leave item to use the new item?  did this put the accruals back?  One way to check is to run the Leave Accrual Summary report - then zoom in on the employee in question - here you will be able to see the pays where the leave has been used... you can add up the hours here and see if they match how much has been used for the financial year?  if not, you can edit this field in their record to match the total hrs used per this report?