How do I trace back which invoices a Customer Adjustment Notice has been applied to?

Options
Kylie_8705352
Kylie_8705352 Member Posts: 27
edited September 2017 in Reckon One
CAN has been applied to mark several invoices as paid. How do I trace back which invoice the CAN was applied against?

Comments

• gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 803 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Good question ..... there seems to be a lack of a reference to the invoice number to which an adjustment relates.  In a situation where multiple invoices and / or adjustments are being set,  there should be some relationship one to the other,  so that the remaining 'agreed' debts can be settled amicably/commercially.  

I can't see a reference position other than some manual 'description' but that would lack automation/clarity.    In Premier/Enterprise/RAH the allocation of the credit can be pinpointed to an actual invoice - leaving other invoices as outstanding and transparency prevails.  I too will be interested in the solution to this question.  

There are many times in business where a regular supplier/customer with many transactions may be arguing the validity of one particular transaction, and morally, the other satisfactory transactions should be obviously settled, leaving just the argument item outstanding.  So there needs to be a one-to-one relationship of transaction to adjustment, leaving other transactions set aside for normal processing. 

Let's see if there is some cross-reference field I've failed to see too ....

Gary
    (curious too)
  • Qwerty
    Qwerty Member Posts: 261
    edited August 2017
    Options
    18/08/17
    Hi Kylie,

Try this.

1. Open the closed customer adjustment note
    2. View the totals section in the bottom right
    3. Click the amount for 'Already paid' 
    4. You should see a tool tip with the linked transaction information. If it's linked to one of more invoices, the invoice number(s) should be shown.
  • Kylie_8705352
    Kylie_8705352 Member Posts: 27
    edited August 2017
    Options
    thanks qwerty, that worked perfectly.