How do i view emails sent ?

Lynda Wilson
Lynda Wilson Member Posts: 1
edited July 2019 in Accounts Hosted
How do i view emails sent from Reckon Accounts Hosted ? i have sent a company an invoice multiple times in the past week and they are saying they have not received it - as the email is sent directly from reckon server I am unable to go into "sent items " and view the dates & times sent. the company is now refusing to pay storage costs incurred as I cannot prove that the account has been sent

Comments

• Viv A
    Viv A Member Posts: 77 ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Hi Lynda,

Because the emails go through as "accountshosted@reckon.com" they often end up in the Junk or Spam folders of Customers. I usually ask them to check there first and explain that it's a quirk of my online Accounting Package (and not my choice !!). If they still can't find it - email it to yourself and then forward it to them - add a read receipt if you are able...

Good luck !
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2017
    Welcome to the Community Lynda

Unfortunately viewing 'Sent Mail' or an email log is not currently available at this stage.

There are some previous threads here which detail a limited workaround which may help -
    https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/is_there_an_email_log_for_accounts_hosted

https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/reckon-hosted-upgrade-2015-r2-email-log

As Vivien has also mentioned above, check out the Junk/Spam email folders with the intended recipient and also add accountshosted@reckon.com as a trusted email address/Safe List.
    More info - http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=4676

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Glynis_7724867
    Glynis_7724867 Member Posts: 14
    edited March 2016
    That's a great idea Vivien. I also thought that emailing the invoice was a weakness in the system becasue there was no proof of emailing.
  • Viv A
    edited July 2019
    I also include my own email address in the Cc: field so I get a copy of everything that goes from Reckon.  This still doesn't tell me if it has made it or not, however, at least I can go back and check the customer's email address details on my copy and re-send via Foreward.  At least the customer can see that you DID try to send it when you said you did....
    The other trick I use is to add the order or invoice number in the subject field  (Reckon doesn't do this) so that I can easily search my email copy any time... it works  :)
  • Viv A
    edited November 2016
    PS. Since the new system has come online... we follow up all Quotations/Estimates with a phone call to  Customers to make sure that they actually got them...  In the past some customers thought that we forgot them or didn't really want to quote the work.... not great!
  • NarellePaterson
    NarellePaterson Member Posts: 111 ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I was not told there would be so many "little changes" to the way I do things with Reckon Hosted I was told it was virtually the same. I dislike the way I have to print and now I find the email is different I find this very annoying I send many emails and often have to check if they were sent now I am denied that...wish I had of known this I may have not changed to hosted I hope I don't find any more problems.

• Viv A
    edited July 2019
    Me, too, Narelle... I include the order number, invoice number etc in the subject field.. The foolproof method to send email is to send it to myself first and then foreward to my customer. I don’t have Admin support at the moment .... so I just can’t afford the extra time. :(. Wish they would just fix it .... also heaps of my emailed documents seem to end up in the Junk or Spam folder and I have to send an extra email to. Let customers know that they should have it....
  • NarellePaterson
    NarellePaterson Member Posts: 111 ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I go in and edit  to add Invoice number but this also is time consuming and also not foolproof as, yes I will admit , I have put incorrect number on once or twice. I wish that the number was included already so it would take human error out of that part. To have to go to all this trouble to send to myself and send again   ahhh but I will see how I go and I will keep it in mind if invoices don't end up with the customer. Also I found there is a log in I did find you can view an activity log in the Toolbox download it's not ideal but you can see what mail has been sent.