How do you create an ABA file when there are 2 main trading accounts?

Options
Janine Cruse
Janine Cruse Member Posts: 1
edited June 2020 in Accounts Hosted
A business I work for has 2 branches each with their own bank account, payments are made from Head Office, they choose which account the payment is to be made from. They currently use MYOB which gives you the option of which bank account to use, I am in the process of moving them over to Reckon, but can't find a way to do the ABA files from different accounts.  Any help would be appreciated......

Comments

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Hi Janine - you can setup an Online Suspense account for each bank if you like? then when processing pays or paying bills - select the appropriate account, and then you can create the ABA file for the correct account.

Further to this - I do have one client that continues to use one Online Suspense account and then for the occasional time they want to pay out of a different bank account - I have 2 import files setup so they can quickly change the settings of that Online Suspense account to the other bank details.  But it would probably be easier if I made them have 2 x Online Suspense accounts.