How do you put a negative item in an invoice in Reckon one

Helen Hogan
Helen Hogan Member Posts: 23
edited April 2018 in Reckon One
I am trying to invoice a customer which was quoted then remove items to adjust quoted figure to make it clear on my invoice how I arrived at final figure. So I need to have a negative figure. All posts are from 2 years ago and option used then does not seem to work
thanks Helen

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2017
    Hi Helen,

At this stage, you won't be able to enter a negative line item, I'd recommend using a customer adjustment note to offset the balance and perhaps send the customer a statement the difference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhE_zZbJh3E

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Helen Hogan
    Helen Hogan Member Posts: 23
    edited July 2017
    ok not ideal thanks
  • Wendy Van Oosten_8738626
    Wendy Van Oosten_8738626 Member Posts: 21
    edited October 2017
    No, not ideal. Sometimes we need to show on the invoice why the amount is reduced without having to do a separate document. We need to be able to enter either as a negative quantity or a negative line amount. My example today is I want to reduce the regular invoice amount, shown as a separate line item, for a referral program reward. Disappointed that I can't do this. 

• Rick Clement
    Rick Clement Member Posts: 28
    edited October 2017

Try adding an Item called Discount, Not sure in Reckon One but in the business range you can add this either below the item or after a Sub Total.

edited April 2018
    In Reckon One we have space for a discount but in my case, there is already a discount applied so I can't add another one. 

• Rick Clement
    Rick Clement Member Posts: 28
    edited October 2017
    I saw that you call it Loyalty reward, create a Stock Item called Loyalty Reward then enter the amount as a negative and it should work, I just tested it. It would also then allow you to track the total amount of rewards you give to customers.
    edited October 2017
    Thanks but that doesn't work either: 
    • The number sale price is outside the valid range of 0 to 999999999999999999.9999999999
  • Andrew Sarris
    Andrew Sarris Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2018
    Reckon - Please fix to allow negatives on bills and Invoices. Your customers are about to jump to a competitors product.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited April 2018
    Hi all,
    This has been added as a feature suggestion in the Reckon Ideas Portal, and if you can I'd recommend voting for it here - https://ideas.reckon.com/ideas/RKN1-I-214
    The ideas which receive the most votes/demand shape the inclusions of future Reckon One updates.

Just an FYI, currently negative line items can be entered in the Receive Money and Make Payment areas currently if that helps.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.