How do you run an update event

Options
Lisa_10117521
Lisa_10117521 Member Posts: 7
edited July 2019 in Payroll Premier

I have to complete an Update Event but need some instruction on how this is done. I realize I need to check the box that says Update Event for the pay period but where do I actually change the figures for the employees so they are correct? We run Payroll Premier if that makes much difference.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,409 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Hi Lisa,

An Update Event can be used to correct Employee YTD figures where a change has been made to a prior Employee Pay Event.

An Update Event can be used to: -

- Correct misclassifications where, for example an item has been reported as Gross Payments when in fact it should have been reported as an Allowance

- Where the Employee YTD data in the Payroll System doesn’t match what has been reported to the ATO.

There's a really good guide here for Single Touch Payroll when using Payroll Premier and also covers off the update events and full file replacements
    Payroll Premier Single Touch Payroll Guide

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Lisa_10117521
    Lisa_10117521 Member Posts: 7
    edited July 2019
    Options

Thanks but this doesn't help with my query. At what point and where do I change the incorrect figures??
  • Shazza_59
    Shazza_59 Member Posts: 2
    Options

I would also like to know how to do an Event update, as i duplicated a week's payroll to the ATO and my YTD figures are out.