How do you use REPORT > SIMPLIFIED BAS/IAS?

Jay Garland
Jay Garland Member Posts: 130
edited June 2020 in Accounts Hosted
I currently manually calculate my GST from the tax summary table and a GST worksheet. Is there anyway to automate this like using the simplified BAS/IAS tax report? When I went to use it - the numbers were always zero so I guess I'm not using it correctly or misunderstand it's purpose.

Comments

• Jay Garland
    edited November 2017
    Can't get it to work. Are there any videos on how to use this function?
  • glendaveale
    glendaveale Member Posts: 176 ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Hi Jay,  Have you clicked on each of the buttons eg G1, G2 etc and entered the tax codes you want attached to that box?
  • Jay Garland
    edited August 2019
    I can't work out how to do that. This is what I see and apart from the CONFIG button, can't select anything on the main display.

• glendaveale
    glendaveale Member Posts: 176 ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Hi,  Have you checked the settings in preferences, tax, company preferences

Do you track tax  =  yes

If you want to call me - 0418 171 384
    Glenda.

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Hi Jay - the numbers are zero as you havent configured probably the buttons as someone suggested (one time job) - but also you need to configure the dates (each quarter task)... so click the Config button at the bottom - select the dates you want to report on - if still no numbers show - then this means your label buttons need a one time configure - hopefully Kevin has sorted you out with this by now?  I always run the Tax Summary report for the period - with settings to show gross numbers and ignore empty labels - this allows me to confirm that what shows on this BAS screen is just the same as the Tax Summary report - this should then match to the Balance Sheet Tax Payable account for the corresponding period and Cash/accrual settings.  Cheers Linda

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited April 2017
    Hi Jay,

Check out:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lgJz5Uf1Zg&list=PLoUtvAKOpZWtBMUfF6HggBwqkl8Fo9wgF&index=33

See the ReckonHQ Youtube channel for more vidoes on various products.  Reckon Accounts videos are here.

regards,
    John
  • Jay Garland
    edited November 2017
    Now that it's time to submit by BAS again, I stopped and looked at how to configure the BAS on Reckon and it's all worked wonderfully. Thanks everyone for your input. I've called the government and given them my software ID so next time I can submit from within Reckon - I normally submit electronically on the MyGov website. They said I'd need to flick a switch / change a setting in Reckon to allow Reckon to submit electronically. Does anyone know what they meant by this?