How to add an extra header field to the Estimates template

Deb_9768970
Deb_9768970 Member Posts: 27
edited April 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Really hoping someone can help with this:  There is only one "other" field available in the Header section of Estimates template, and I really need two of them, even three.  Does anyone know how to create these?  I have seen the solution of going through the customer window and setting up there, but won't that only make it available on that particular customer's estimate, rather than ALL estimates? 

Comments

• PhuongDo
    PhuongDo Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 314 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Deb,

You got it right. You can go to any customer and go to the Additional tab to create new custom fields. They will be applied to all the customers. And then, you can go in your Estimate template and can pick the new custom field to show up next to your Other field. I think with Reckon, you can have up to 7 fields (maybe more now I'm not really sure)

Thanks,

Phuong

Phuong Do / Reckon Developer Partner

phuong@cactussoftware.com.au

• Deb_9768970
    edited April 2019
    Wow Awesome.  Always knew there was a reason I am sold out to QuickBooks and Reckon.  And Now You Too!  Thanks so much for telling me it will apply to all customers!!  I hope you have the best of days Phuong!  You have totally MADE mine!  Now I can produce the ease-of-use I am looking for on my estimates form.  Wonderful.  Thanks again.
  • PhuongDo
    edited August 2018
    Now your comment makes my day :D Have a good one.

• Deb_9768970
    edited August 2018
    Hello there Phuong,
    I have another problem, is there a way to sort the estimates report by a field in the report, rather than by the customer:job name?  I have clicked on sort by (field) but it doesn't change.  Just continues to be sorted by the customer:job name.
    Maybe a different way to get this report?  Can I build a custom report?  Or is it the case that whenever one of the display selections is Name, that it will auto default to sorting by customer:job?
  • PhuongDo
    edited August 2018
    Deb,

If you include the custom field in the report, then you will be able to sort by the custom field, it will show up in the Sort by dropdown list. Are you testing with Estimates By Job Report?

Thanks,

Phuong