How to add GST 101 Payment in Reckon One

Options
Tee
Tee Member Posts: 8
edited March 2017 in Reckon One
Could you please explain the steps to enter a GST payment to ird. There has been a couple other posts but can't seem to work it out. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Qwerty
    Qwerty Member Posts: 261
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hi Tee,

This thread has some info that should point you in the right direction.

https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/how-do-i-process-a-gst-payment-to-the-ird-in-reckon-one
  • Tee
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Thanks but I've gone over that thread several times and the outcome is not correct. This is why I ask for a step by step of how to do it. Should be a simple process I'm sure.

For example I don't know what it means by Trans Type? And if it makes any difference.
    It also says it 'does not balance' yet figures are the same
    Or I get 'The transaction type for multiple rows does not match the expected type.' and I don't want to continue and save this if it is incorrect.

I figure a step by step would be helpful.

Thanks
  • Qwerty
    Qwerty Member Posts: 261
    edited March 2017
    Options
    An alternative to entering a journal transaction is to enter a transfer transaction. I've included a simple example below for both an IRD payment & an IRD refund.

IRD payment

Say you are paying the IRD $1,000.00

1. Create a new transfer transaction (Banking > Transfer money > Add)
    2. Specify the date of the payment
    3. Specify the payment amount (in this example $1,000.00)
    4. Enable the option Show all accounts (not just bank accounts) 
    5. Specify the bank account you are using in the Transfer from field (i.e. reducing the bank account balance)
    6. Specify the GST on sales liability account in the Transfer to field
    7. Add any relevant description information that you want to associate to this transaction for your record keeping purposes
    8. Save the transaction

Note: The GST component on sales are tracked as positive amounts in the GST on sales liability account. So the balance of this account is increased by sales that have GST amounts. IRD payments offset this account & therefore reduces the balance of this account.

IRD refund

Say the IRD is refunding you $1,000.00

1. Create a new transfer transaction (Banking > Transfer money > Add)
    2. Specify the date of the refund
    3. Specify the refund amount (in this example $1,000.00)
    4. Enable the option Show all accounts (not just bank accounts) 
    5. Specify the GST on purchases liability account in the Transfer from field
    6. Specify your bank account account in the Transfer to field (i.e. increasing the bank account balance)
    7. Add any relevant description information that you want to associate to this transaction for your record keeping purposes
    8. Save the transaction

Note: The GST component on purchases are tracked as negative amounts in the GST on purchases liability account. So the balance of this account is reduced by purchases that have GST amounts. IRD refunds offset this account & therefore increase the balance of this account.
  • Tee
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Perfect Thank you