How to allocate Superannuation payments to each employee in Reckon Accounts Pro 2014?

Options
Derek Nguyen
Derek Nguyen Member Posts: 3
edited February 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I have recently set up our Payroll in Reckon Accounts Pro 2014 so all the payroll items are created fully according to our business needs.

When I set up YTD Amounts including Net Pay, PAYG and Super Contribution, I was able to set up the amounts. However, when it comes to payments of super and PAYG that we have already made last quarter, I can't allocate the payments for each employee but it only shows as a lump sum. I have already set up different supplier and payroll items for each superfund.

For example:

Employee A has YTD Super of $5,000. We have paid $2,000 last quarter
Employee B has YTD Super of $2,000. We have paid $500
Reckon Accounts only let me put in liability payments but not specify which employee was this payment for so it could be offset towards our payable accounts or shows in the liability report.
The whole payment was shown as a lump sum of $2,500.

Is there a way to separately choose which employee was paid?

Thanks

Derek Nguyen

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,409 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi Derek,

I've found a support article which is fairly dated now (some steps may have changed) but it may still help.

http://intranet.syd.reckon.com.au/Portals/0/documents%5Ctechsupport/books_Enter%20YTD%20payroll%20fi... 

Check it over and let us know

Cheers
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Derek Nguyen
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi Rav

Thanks for the response.

However, I can't open the link you sent. I think maybe because it is located on your intranet which is not accessible to me?

Can you please try another way to pass me the document?

Regards

Derek
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,409 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Sure thing Derek, sorry about that.

I've popped it on Dropbox, let me know if you can access it using this -
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/lrs21c2zqun2v57/books_Enter%20YTD%20payroll%20figures.pdf?dl=0

Cheers
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Derek Nguyen
    edited May 2016
    Options
    No problem Rav

However, I still can't figure out how we can allocate superannuation payments.

The only way I could think of is to create a payroll item for each employee. That would be extremely time-consuming and not effective considering we will have to do the same for PAYG since it is also a payroll liability.

I would really appreciated if anyone who has the solution for this could provide any input.

Thanks

Derek
  • Deny Dharmawan
    Deny Dharmawan Alumni Posts: 141
    edited August 2016
    Options

Hi Derek,

If you want to separately choose which employee got paid, then you will need to create a payroll item for each employee.

Normally separate super payroll item is created for each Super Fund so you can separate them by Super Fund.

Regards

Deny Dharmawan