How to cancel a Double Up transaction in Investments?

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
How do I (in Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2016) cancel a Double Up transaction in Investments? In the Investing section I have an double up of a Income Event (Dividend payment) for one of my shares but only one transaction in the transfer bank account - how can I delete or reverse the double up entries?

Photo of Ilona Kovacs

Ilona Kovacs

• 164 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Diver Dave

Diver Dave

• 5,774 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Ilona, if I understand your issue correctly, go to the Investment Account and delete the duplicate entries.
Photo of Ilona Kovacs

Ilona Kovacs

I have tried to delete the duplicate transactions but can’t. I highlight the transaction & press delete & nothing happens. If I left click the mouse my option is to delete security but not the transaction.

Any other suggestions?
Photo of Diver Dave

Diver Dave

Did you go to the Investment Account, Ilona?  Your screenshot is from the Security Detail View?  In the Investment Account Register there are 3 lines for each Franked Dividend - Div, MiscIncX and XOut (assuming you have a linked account) - each line can be deleted either by CTRL-D or from the Delete Tab of the three Tabs on the right of the screen.
Photo of Ilona Kovacs

Ilona Kovacs

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you.

Thankyou thankyou thankyou
Photo of Diver Dave

Diver Dave

Di d you access the Investment Account Register, Ilona?  I received another response which isn't listed above.  The Accounts Register is where you enter all Investment transactions, such as BUY, SELL and Dividends.  To access it go to the Accounts List (CTRL-A) and click on the appropriate Investment Account.
Photo of Ilona Kovacs

Ilona Kovacs

Hey, yes I finally found the Register and was able to delete the unwanted transactions.

Thank you so much for your help :)
Photo of Diver Dave

Diver Dave

No problem.  Do you have a Linked Cash account?  If so check to make sure the final balance on the Investment Account Register is zero.  If you don't have a Linked Account make sure the ending balance tallies with your Statement.
Photo of Ilona Kovacs

Ilona Kovacs

Thanks - I did that - but nice of you to remind me :)