How to cancel Reckon Portal account and set up again

Lyn Nosow
Lyn Nosow Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
edited March 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Having spent many hours trying to get my head around STP, saving many Reckon Community articles that I thought might help me when it was my turn to set up and watching the webinar a couple of times, I was still floundering. As I am past retiring age, this has caused me a great deal of stress, so I asked my daughter for help.We logged in as usual to try to find this Reckon Portal we were supposed to set up. We couldn't find it so went to the website and set it up and bookmarked it from there.
I read a  'How to' article and found that to access Reckon Portal, I was only to login to Reckon Hosted using my User Name, which I wasn't aware I even had. We have obviously now set this all up incorrectly and don't have a clue where to go from here. I posted a short query about this several hours ago, but had no response.
The last thing I wanted to do was have to ask for help, when you are all obviously so busy, but I find I'm going to have to do just that. Could someone please respond with some sort of clue as to what can be done?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2019
    Sure thing Lyn,
    Apologies for missing your first post, I'll check it out and add a reply to it shortly.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Maureen Zohn_9713241
    Maureen Zohn_9713241 Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2019
    Hi I am in the same boat I created a new portal sign in not realizing I already had a sign in (using my normal login for Reckon hosted). The problem I have is that I have used my email address (in the new registrarion) and I need it to be used in my existing registration and it wont let me use it now. I need to remove that registration so I can update my correct email address in the existing registration I hope that makes sense and so I would like to see if you can remove a registration to.
  • Lyn Nosow
    edited June 2019
    Thank you so much Kevin. I always login to Reckon Hosted using my User ID which of course is the 8 digit number. I assumed this was the only login name I had and so used that to login to the programme. I looked for the Reckon Portal and when it wasn't obvious, my daughter went to the webpage, found it and tried to login using the User ID. This wasn't accepted and suggested an email address which of course we used. It is now set up using that login instead of the User Name, which on investigation, I found I actually have. Does that matter? Having reread the article on set up, I saw there was a warning about using the User Name, not the ID, to set up the Reckon Portal account. Since I used an email address instead, I assumed I was in heaps of trouble and STP was not going to work. It's got me really concerned. As I said in my post, I don't want to cause extra problems for people like you who spend so much time trying to solve our problems.
    Lyn
  • Lyn Nosow
    edited July 2019
    I just want to thank you Kevin for your help. You have encouraged me and taken a huge weight from my shoulders. 
    Lyn
  • Carleen
    Carleen Member Posts: 33
    edited March 2020
    Hi Kevin  i would like to ask a question, i set my Gov Connect portal up when i was using Reckon Desktop since then i have changed to Hosted, do i need to do any updated to the Gov Connect portal?
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2019
    Hi Carleen,
    The only thing you need to do in GovConnect is to add Reckon Accounts Hosted as your product.

My screenshot shows all products selected so ignore that but in your case, just add Reckon Accounts Hosted.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Carleen
    edited July 2019
    Thank you
  • Carleen
    edited March 2020
    Cheers