How to change salary wages to reflect a reduction in hours worked

Options
Amy_10802038
Amy_10802038 Member Posts: 1
edited August 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Hi, My employees are on a salary wage. We have been topping their wages up above the JobKeeper amount. Due to a continual downturn in business we have had to reduce their hours worked per fortnight . My question is how do i change their salary/wage to show this in Reckon Accounts Hosted? 

Comments

• Bruce
    Bruce Member Posts: 441 Professional Partner Professional Partner
    edited August 2020
    Options
    If the reduction is not permanent, when you do your payroll use the "open payroll cheque" tab and manually enter the new periodic salary and hours.  

If the reduction in hours is permanent open the employee's details and enter the new annual salary and new weekly hours.   (When you run the payroll, as a precaution also use the "open payroll cheque" tab and check the correct number of hours are being reported.)

Hours are important because of how leave accrues.   Assuming that you are reducing your leave accruals with the reduction in hours worked you should double check the employee details to ensure that leave accrues per hours worked rather than hours per pay.  Also check to see if your industrial agreements have anything in them when there is a forced reduction of hours - this might also affect leave accrual rates.