How to connect Reckon Enterprise Hosted 2018 with QBWC?

Luigi
Luigi Member Posts: 4
edited August 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I am trying to connect the Reckon Enterprise Hosted 2018 with another system using the QBWC (Quickbooks Web Connector).

When I open the QBWC and try to add an application I receive an error:

"QBWC1039: There was a problem adding the application. Check QWCLog.txt for details.

Error connecting to QuickBooks. Error message received from QuickBooks was <Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {45F5708E-3B43-4FA8-BE7E-A5F1849214CB} failed due to the following error: 80040154.>."

From the logs I can get the following reason:
"Reason: Error connecting to QuickBooks. Error message received from QuickBooks was <Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {45F5708E-3B43-4FA8-BE7E-A5F1849214CB} failed due to the following error: 80040154.>.
20190418.04:56:11 UTC : QBWebConnector.SOAPWebService.deleteFileIDValueFromQB() : Session ended and connection to QuickBooks closed."

Has anyone got the same issue?

Comments

• Luigi
    edited April 2019
    Hi Kevin, 

Thanks for your response.

I am the software developer, I have an integration with Quickbooks using the QBWC that works just fine. 
    Now I have to connect to a new customer that uses Reckon and this is the return when I try to add the application.

I guess it is some installation dll or drive that Reckon needs to connect properly with the QBWC. 

I couldn't find anyone saying that the version 2018 works with the QBWC, only earlier versions.

Have you seen it working already?
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited April 2019
    Hi Luigi,
    Can I confirm, is the new customer you're attempting to intergrate using Reckon Accounts Enterprise OR Reckon Accounts Hosted? (They're two different programs, the former is a desktop based program and latter cloud based)

I've checked in with the API team and they've advised that the web connector is only for desktop applications. Is the customer that you've already set up using desktop Reckon Accounts?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Luigi
    edited April 2019
    Hi Rav,
    Thanks for your reply.
    The customer is using Reckon Accounts Enterprise 2018 (Desktop version).
    Regards
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited April 2019
    Thanks Luigi, which version of the web connector are you using?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Luigi
    edited April 2019
    Hi Rav,

The version is 2.0.0.7.
  • Rav
    edited April 2019
    Thanks Luigi,
    There's a discussion we came across that references this particular error message which you might be interested in checking out here.

Also, have you applied for the Reckon developer partner program?
    The reason I ask is, if you are, you'll have access to the web connector version we support (2.1.0.30).