how to delete downloaded transactions when wrong qif file imported into Reckon Personal plus 2018

• Problem
  • Updated 11 months ago
I have accidentally imported the wrong QIF file into one of my accounts on Personal Plus 2018 and I now have over 150 unwanted transactions sitting in the downloaded transactions list.
The only way I can seen to delete them is to manually delete each transaction one at a time.

Is there way 'bulk delete' the transactions  or 'undo' the import of the wrong QIF file?

I have tried importing another QIF file, but this just adds more downloaded transactions.

Thanks in advance,
Mark
Photo of Mark Scott

Mark Scott

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
  • happy, thank you for asking...

Posted 11 months ago

Hi Mark,

I'm afraid the only way now is to manually delete them. The best practice is to make a backup everytime you import something.

Another option is I can create a quick tool to help you to get rid of them, but it might be overkill.
Photo of Mark Scott

Mark Scott

Thanks for the prompt response.
Having made this mistake before, I usually limit my exposure by importing a relatively small number of transactions at a time, but I got over confident.
Seems crazy not to be to have option of 'delete all' or to multiple select-and-delete.

Photo of Robyn Kelly (Partner)

Robyn Kelly (Partner), Accredited Partner

• 5,002 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Mark if you ACCEPT ALL to enter them all, you can then highlight them all and DELETE all at once.  This may be a bit quicker I think?
Regards
Robyn Kelly
Photo of Mark Scott

Mark Scott

Thanks Robyn, Yes, I agree that will be quicker. I can reconcile the correct transactions and then bulk delete the remainder.
Photo of Diver Dave

Diver Dave

• 5,674 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Mark, you can either use SHIFT to highlight a block of entries, or CTRL to highlight individual, spaced entries, then Delete all highlighted ones.

Not helpful, but this is a reason why I never Import transactions.  If you Memorise transactions it's really quick to enter new ones, and if they are repeat, regular, ones then add them to Scheduled Bills.  Then just need to edit the amount if it varies.