how to delete information from data file?

Options
andy_7313497
andy_7313497 Member Posts: 1
edited January 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
please assist.
I need to delete all information from the data file as new operators are taking over the business

Comments

• Kathy Mackinlay_6947388
    Kathy Mackinlay_6947388 Member Posts: 141
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I would think that they need to buy their own software. They will need to setup their own file and put in the balances from the Balance Sheet off your file.
  • Charley
    Charley Member Posts: 542 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Options

Kevin, you did :-) but I'll repeat

Andy you need to start up a whole new data file for the new entity

The balances from the old file (assets, inventory etc) may not be the same as what the old entity finished up with. It depends on what the new owners took over. Probably best to revalue assets and check inventory. Any liabilities (PAYG, Super etc) should remain with the old owners, employee leave may carry over (if agreed in takeover) or the old owner may pay it all out.

• Graham Boast
    Graham Boast Accredited Partner Posts: 331 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Hi Andy

I gather that the new owners are buying the assets of the company (including the Reckon Licence) and that you want to give them a file with no transactions but all the lists in place.

This process may work for you:
    • backup your current file to a separate USB (just in case)
    • restore the company file onto your computer has a new name. E.g. "NewCompany"
    • open the new company
    • file>utilities>cleanup company data
    • select "remove all transactions" option
    • select "next"
    • select "begin cleanup"
    This should leave you with a file with all your transactions removed, but all your lists still in place.

good luck!

Graham Boast 0409317366
    Reckon Accredited Consultant
    graham@reckonhelp.com.au
    http://reckonhelp.com.au/remotesupport.htm

Graham Boast | 0409 317366 | graham@reckonhelp.com.au

• narelle harvey_7311100
    narelle harvey_7311100 Member Posts: 8
    edited January 2015
    Options

PURCHASE YOUR OWN NEW SOFTWARE. I WOULD ADVISE YOU TO HAVE YOUR COMPUTER CLEANED UP BY YOUR COMPUTER EXPERT THAT YOU USE.

• Graham Boast
    Graham Boast Accredited Partner Posts: 331 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hi Keven

Quite the contrary; from the seller's point of view, it is the quickest and easiest way to give the information to a new owner without including their own transaction data.

Graham

Graham Boast | 0409 317366 | graham@reckonhelp.com.au