how to delete multiple customers from reckon accounts premier 2016

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
I have reached the database limit of customers and suppliers on Reckon Accounts Premier 2016.  I have many customers (imported from previous file) in the customer list who do not have any transactions and I delete then one by one - it is very slow and tedious.  

Is there a way to highlight customers who have no transactions recorded, and then to Delete them in Bulk, or perhaps rename them to sort into order to Delete them?

Warren
Photo of Warren Townsend

Warren Townsend

• 170 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Kevin Russell

Kevin Russell, Accredited Partner

• 35,162 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
You cannot delete customers / suppliers / items in bulk. You can only merge / delete then one at a time. Have you considered Hosted? The limits are higher
YES , Kevin is right. What number of databases you have over 1000 etc,
We can do it as a app but its for a service fees, or if you need need manually done and say in 2 in 3 days time we can provide a low budget price to do that.
chandra@cosmicinnovations.com
Photo of Warren Townsend

Warren Townsend

Thanks for these replies - unfortunately it is what I feared...

Hosted is not really an option - not until we get onto the NBN  and a guaranteed of a good connection.

Is there any way of exporting the Customer list - doing the edit (customer delete) externally, then re-importing to Reckon Books?

Warren
Photo of Kevin Russell

Kevin Russell, Accredited Partner

• 35,162 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
No there is no hope. Kevin V Russell t:0407744914
Photo of Warren Townsend

Warren Townsend

I'm doomed to a slow - one at a time CTL+Del....  over and over.

Thanks for your assistance anyway.

Warren
Photo of Gillian

Gillian, Accredited Partner

• 690 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Hi Warren,

you can flag the customers by setting up a type - delete, Export the cust list in excel, add delete to all those cust, delete all other cust from excel, then re-import cust list - BACK up before re-importing.

then in the cust centre - go to view and customise columns to include the type in the list. Then sort list alphabetically. The start on first cust - ctrl D on keyboard, click enter, - this should take you to next cust, ctrl D, enter. if you use left hand for ctrl D and right to click enter it is the fastest - also you can keep ctlr down and just lift on and off the D. Give that a go!

Sounds like a lot to do but this is all very quick!!

Have fun,

Gillian