how to delete multiple customers from reckon accounts premier 2016

Warren Townsend
Warren Townsend Member Posts: 9
edited August 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I have reached the database limit of customers and suppliers on Reckon Accounts Premier 2016.  I have many customers (imported from previous file) in the customer list who do not have any transactions and I delete then one by one - it is very slow and tedious.  

Is there a way to highlight customers who have no transactions recorded, and then to Delete them in Bulk, or perhaps rename them to sort into order to Delete them?

Warren

Comments

• cosmic
    cosmic Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    YES , Kevin is right. What number of databases you have over 1000 etc,
    We can do it as a app but its for a service fees, or if you need need manually done and say in 2 in 3 days time we can provide a low budget price to do that.
    chandra@cosmicinnovations.com

Cosmic Accounting Group

Accountants and Tax Agents 22397009

• Warren Townsend
    edited May 2017
    Thanks for these replies - unfortunately it is what I feared...

Hosted is not really an option - not until we get onto the NBN  and a guaranteed of a good connection.

Is there any way of exporting the Customer list - doing the edit (customer delete) externally, then re-importing to Reckon Books?

Warren
  • Warren Townsend
    edited May 2017
    I'm doomed to a slow - one at a time CTL+Del....  over and over.

Thanks for your assistance anyway.

Warren
  • Gillian_8166819
    Gillian_8166819 Member Posts: 89
    edited May 2017

Hi Warren,

you can flag the customers by setting up a type - delete, Export the cust list in excel, add delete to all those cust, delete all other cust from excel, then re-import cust list - BACK up before re-importing.

then in the cust centre - go to view and customise columns to include the type in the list. Then sort list alphabetically. The start on first cust - ctrl D on keyboard, click enter, - this should take you to next cust, ctrl D, enter. if you use left hand for ctrl D and right to click enter it is the fastest - also you can keep ctlr down and just lift on and off the D. Give that a go!

Sounds like a lot to do but this is all very quick!!

Have fun,

Gillian