The recommended solution from Reckon of unistalling and reinstalling just doesn't work.
However i have worked out the solution.
It is as follows:-
1. Create a System Restore Point
2. Move your Reckon Intuit Data Folder to the Desktop.
Typically this will be:-
3. Use RevoUninstaller to remove:-
a. Reckon and
b. Your Antiviral Programme
For both do an aggressive scan and delete everything
4. Use CCleaner to clean registry.
5. Keep running it until no errors found
6. Use regedit (be careful, make a mistake and your windows may become unstable so you may want to back it up first) to delete all keys with the word “reckon” or “intuit” in it.
7. Most keys will delete a few won’t but that doesn’t matter.
8. It takes about two hours to do this
9. Next delete the Intuit Folders in:-
a. Programmes (X86)
b. Programme Files (X86) Common and
c. Programme Data
10. Restart the machine
11. Once the machine has restarted, create another restore point
12. Reinstall Reckon
13. Open Reckon and complete the initial steps.
14. Close Reckon down
15. Place your data folder in its original location e.g:-
16. Reopen Quicken and then open your data file.
17. Reinstall your antiviral software
What is really needed for Reckon’s Uninstaller to be rewritten so it actually uninstalls everything relating to Reckon.