HOW TO GET A CURRENT MONTH CREDIT TO REFLECT IN THE TOTAL FOR THAT MONTH RATHER THE PREVOIUS MONTH

Kelly Schilke
Kelly Schilke Member Posts: 9
edited January 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
if i get a credit from a supplier dated  January. I enter it with the date of the  credit (January) however the total with be reflected in the previous month -December. this is annoying and i want it  to reflect in the date of the credit, otherwise it throws other months out

Comments

• Charley
    Charley Member Posts: 541 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020

A credit is a credit and will reflect in the total owing. However your A/P reports should show the total owing (without the credit) if you have picked the correct dates. If however you have applied the credit then it will probably reflect on the payable it is applied to ie quite likely in the previous month.

Don't apply credits until you need to.

• Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited July 2017

Hi Kelly,

What report are you looking at? Are you looking at an Accrual or Cash basis?

Transactions should appear based on the date of the transaction.

Kind regards,

Sally McIntosh (sally@samsolutions.com.au)

• Kelly Schilke
    edited January 2015
    Hi Sally

Thank you so much for replying. We use the accrual system

I enter the date of the credit as the date on the actual credit and i cannot figure out why the totals are changed and reflect in the previous month.

I am hoping that you can help

Many Thanks

Kelly
  • Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2016

Hi Kelly,

Which report/s are you looking at?

Sally

• Mel Donnon
    Mel Donnon Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2015
    i have not found a way to "age" credits & this has been bugging me for years.

• Kelly Schilke
    edited January 2015
    Hi

I am looking at the Accounts Payable ~ Aging Summary....  

Thanks
  • Mel Donnon
    Mel Donnon Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2015
    I am sure in older versions (maybe 10 years ago) there was a way to have a due date on the credits like the bills which would then age them correctly in aging summary reports.  I have not found this in the current versions & there is no template to alter.