How to give accountant access to reckon hosted

Options
anabela
anabela Member Posts: 4
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
How do I give my external accountant access to my company file?  Is the only way to add a new user and pay for another annual license?  Them logging in with my user when I am on, is not an option as it kicks me off obviously.  Backing up to their PC also not working for them.

Comments

• Shannon Chambers Gardiner
    Shannon Chambers Gardiner Member Posts: 9
    edited November 2016
    Options

Hi Anabel, You should be able to create an accountants copy in Reckon. Go File - Accountants Copy - Then follow the prompts which will allow you to save a copy that you can than send to your accountant. You will only be able to create this in single user mode and the accountant will only be able to access the copy up to the date you require, so you can still use Reckon as normal.

Hope this Helps

• Christine Dalrymple
    Christine Dalrymple Member Posts: 14
    edited December 2016
    Options

Hi Anabela, your accountant will need to download Reckon Enterprise from the Reckon site that is if they are a Professional Partner of Reckon. Create a back up to the B Drive in Reckon Hosted. Then, download the file and back up to either a disk or memory stick. Your accountant can the restore to their computer using the latest version of Reckon Enterprise. Hope this helps. Cheers

Chris

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Hi Anabela.  If your Accountant is already a Reckon Hosted user, all you need to do is to share your Company file with them.  You can do this through the Control Panel.  If they are already Hosted User, that means that they already hold a licence, so no extra licence is required.  Once they have access to you company file, they will be like any user that you might have set up on your company file.  If you want them to be able to access the file at the same time as you are, you will need to switch from single user mode to multi user mode.  In multi user mode, there are some things that you cannot do, so in order to do these tasks, you would need to switch back to single user mode until such task/s are completed.
    John L G
  • Lyndall
    Lyndall Member Posts: 5
    edited September 2017
    Options

Hi John

How exactly does my client add me, as their accountant and a Hosted user, in control panel? When she goes to "Add user" there is only the option of buying another user licence or entering a product code from a box.

I want access to the live data not a back up version.

Thanks in advance

Lyndall.

• Pat_9381861
    Pat_9381861 Member Posts: 6
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Why is the process for giving an external accountant access to your files to do your tax such a closely guarded secret in Reckon Hosted ? Why isn't there a set of instructions on the Help pages! Very Frustrating! I have entered my accountant's ID and given her access but it tells me this is only the first step! B*&^#@ed if I can find instructions for Step 2. Please help as I am looking like a fool to my accountant!
  • John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Hi Ashley.  It is really not such a closely guarded secret.  A quick search using Google, would quickly have brought you to the following link:
    http://www.reckon.com.au/Documents/Guides/AccountsHostedSharingYourFile.pdf
    This should make things a lot easier for you.
    If your Accountant was worth their salt, they should have been able to help you with this setup.  Doing it the first time is always going to be a challenge.
    John L G