How to give Accountant Access to Reckon One

Mandy_9125583
Mandy_9125583 Member Posts: 24
edited August 2017 in Reckon One
I am trying to share my Reckon One file with our Accountant. I have attempted to enter his email address to share it, have tried a 4 digit logon for his ID, have viewed all of the videos but I can not seem to share with him. 

Any hints??

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2017
    Hi Mandy,

Where in the sharing process are you finding it failing for you and what is happening?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Mandy_9125583
    Mandy_9125583 Member Posts: 24
    edited July 2017
    Hi Rav,

I go to Settings, and under the General section I select Users. I click Add and then a new window opens and I click on Add Staff . Our accountant gave us a 4 digit ID code. I type that into the Username or Email box and agree to add him as a user and then select Next but Reckon says "Unable to find staff in Reckon One database. Make sure that the staff member has an account with the online portal". So I tried the same thing with his email address and get the same message from Reckon. 

I have also tried to share from the Portal page once I first log in and select the book I want to share and then select Share With User. I enter his email address and select Next and it searches but then says "Unable to validate username HIDDEN EMAIL ADDRESS". I tried to share with his 4 digit ID code and this did not work either.

I hope this makes sense
    Mandy
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2017
    Thanks for getting back to me Mandy,

To be honest, I'm not sure what the 4 digit PIN is that your accountant has given you or where that applies in the process. But from your post, it looks as though we've narrowed down what is causing the problem.

You're following the right process in your second paragraph in your attempt to share the book with another user rather than adding your accountant as a staff member. The problem looks to be that your accountant doesn't have a Reckon account so that your book can be shared to it.

Registering for a Reckon account is free and once that's done, you can share your book to the email address your accountant has used to create the Reckon Account.

These two videos will explain it in a bit more detail -

CREATE YOUR RECKON ACCOUNT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7NFaFIbYdM

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.