How to import tax codes when importing cheques

Mike Smith
Mike Smith Member Posts: 4
I am using an IIF file to import cheques into Quickbooks and the only issue I seem to have is with recording GST.  Is there a way to record the tax code against each disbursement line or the header line in the import file?
Thanks for your assistance.
I've looked at:https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/how_to_import_tax_codes_when_importing_invoices_or_sales_...

And tried what they suggested but it still did not work. Here is a sample of what I tried:
!TRNS    TRNSID    TRNSTYPE    DATE    MEMO    ACCNT    NAME    CLASS    AMOUNT    DOCNUM    CLEAR    TOPRINT    NAMEISTAXABLE    ADDR1    ADDR2    ADDR3    ADDR4    ADDR5
!SPL    SPLID    TRNSTYPE    DATE    MEMO    ACCNT    NAME    CLASS    AMOUNT    DOCNUM    CLEAR    TAXABLE    TAXCODE    TAXAMOUNT    VALADJ    REIMBEXP    EXTRA   
!ENDTRNS                                                                   
TRNS         CHECK    8/14/2017    Expenses Jan-Feb    TD Bank    Acme        -56.15         N    Y         Acme               
SPL         CHECK    8/14/2017        Professional Fees            36.15        N    Y    G    3.62    N    NOTHING    AUTOSTAX   
SPL         CHECK    8/14/2017        Utilities            20        N    Y    G    2    N    NOTHING    AUTOSTAX   
ENDTRNS

Idealy what I would like would be to enter the Tax code of "G" (GST) and it would automatically calculate the tax, just like it does when you write cheques. In the above example I entered a made up tax amount under TAXAMOUNT.

Comments