How to make Quickbooks plus 07/08 register to then update to Reckon Accounts Plus 2016

• Problem
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • (Edited)
I have a new Reckon Accounts Plus 2016 new disc.  I currently have QuickBooks Plus 06/07 on my windows xp computer (separate from this one).  I have tried load Quickbooks Plus 07/08 but something was wrong and I now can't remember what it was, so I deleted it all and then tried to start again.  I want to load QuickBooks plus 07/08 to transfer the old files but the registration no. I found online will not work.  It says that I have already used this and it will not work.  I have spoken to Reckon twice and was told that I need to put this on the website.

Thanks if anyone can give me any ideas.

Photo of Kathryn

Kathryn

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 64,528 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Kathryn,
Can you let me know how you removed the previously installed 07/08 version? Was it a full uninstallation through the 'Uninstall a Program' function in Control Panel?

I'd recommend removing all components of the program using a 3rd party uninstall program such as Revo Uninstaller. 

The 07/08 trial can be downloaded here - Prior Versions & Downloads

2016 Reckon Accounts Business Installation and Upgrade Guide
Photo of Kathryn

Kathryn

Thanks for getting back to me.  

To get rid of both the programs the QuickBooks Plus 07/08 version and Reckon Accounts 2016 both were looked at through File Explorer then sent to recycle bin, then cleared from recycle bin.  Computer then restarted to redo off the disc and also off the download above.  When the QuickBooks Plus 07/08 tries to load it then says that the program has been ordered.

Any other ideas? 
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 64,378 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Let me clarify, was it just the launch icon/shortcut that was deleted from the Recycle Bin?

Can you head into the Control Panel then into Add or Remove Programs. Check if the program is present in the list that populates. If so, uninstall the program using the Uninstall option.
Photo of Kathryn

Kathryn

Just to let you know I have checked the Control Panel then checked the Add or Remove Programs and there is nothing there to uninstall.  No idea how to fix this anymore.