How to move a reconciled deposit

Options
Sheree_6958471
Sheree_6958471 Member Posts: 25
edited January 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I have a deposit that has been reconciled.  At the time of the reconciliation it was not known who the funds were from, so there were put under an "unknown" supplier, with the intention of simply moving it to the correct supplier when it became known. 

I now know who the funds were from, but my problem is that it was actually a combination of 2 cheques that were banked on the same day by the boss and they have come across on the bank statement as the one deposit.  

So I have the one figure that I need to move and split - any ideas - again it has been reconciled.  

Comments

• Charley
    Charley Member Posts: 542 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Options
    you can split it in the deposit without affecting the reconciliation, however if these are payments against an invoice then it will be a bit different
  • Judith Nicholls
    Judith Nicholls Member Posts: 12
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Recode the deposit to a suspense or clearing account and clear from there. Maybe be a couple of transactions involved to do this depending in what the entries are.
    Please feel free to contact me direct f you need more help.
    Judith Nicholls
    judy@trainingbasservices.com.au
  • Charley
    edited January 2020
    Options
    If they are payments to go against an invoice, then edit the deposit and where it says "from account' send it to a Bank Clearing Account (you may have to set it up) then 'receive payments' on the date required and deposit to that Clearing account, that will then zero out the clearing account
  • Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hi Sheree,

Are you referring to the deposit screen or the receive payments screen?

Kind regards,

Sally McIntosh (sally@samsolutions.com.au)

• Kathy Mackinlay_6947388
    Kathy Mackinlay_6947388 Member Posts: 141
    edited December 2014
    Options
    i would delete the Deposit and then change the receipt to the correct customer and then redo the deposit.
  • Suzanne Lockwood
    Suzanne Lockwood Accredited Partner Posts: 71 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited September 2019
    Options

Hi Sheree,

Assuming the payment is for an invoice/s and you have recorded the payment against the Unknown payee in the Make Deposit screen only you can handle it as follows to preserve your reconciled deposit:

- Record two separate Receive Payments and allocate them to Undeposited Funds.

- Edit the Deposit, click on the Payments button and select the two payments.

- Remove the original line entry against the Unknown payee and re-save the transaction.

Regards, Suzanne

• Charley
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Hi Sheree, Suzanne's is the correct (best) way of doing this. Wish I'd thought it through myself :-)