How to pay a charity using pre-tax pay with Reckon One?

Jeannie
Jeannie Member Posts: 1
edited June 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
one of my employee want me to pay the current pay period's pay into a charity. I need to pay it pre-tax but I don't know how to do using Reckon One, Any one can help? Thanks

Comments

• Charley
    Charley Member Posts: 541 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020

Agree with Kevin; effectively he's making a donation to a Charity; I'd just enter it as a normal pay, where it goes doesn't matter but if you want to separate it then it must be seen as a deduction not salary sacrifice. I wouldn't necessarily bother, it's effectively like his wage is going into 2 separate bank accounts. As a donation to a charity he might be able to claim it back on his tax providing the charity is a Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) and provides a receipt.
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Jeannie - have a read of this link to the ATO and see what situation might best apply to this instance?  https://www.ato.gov.au/non-profit/gifts-and-fundraising/workplace-and-business-support/workplace-giv...

• Charley
    Charley Member Posts: 541 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020

I was just thinking something along similar lines; whose tax issue would it be. But it clears it up; it can be done Salary sacrifice but it is then the employer that claims the Tax deduction for a DGR gift providing of course that he's a for profit entity. If the employer is an NFP then there is no point.