How to restore Data File to Personal Plus in MacBook Pro

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
Hi Teck Team.
 I have recently move my Quicken Personal Plus 2019 from a PC to an Apple MacBook Pro. The Data file and the Backup file are both on the Mac Desktop. When I open the program, I have to manually find the Data File on the Desktop and open it to use the program. I was told that if I want the program to open automatically, I would have to restore the data and then the program would always look at it. Unfortunately, when I looked under File in the program it only shows "Restore Backup Files". I would like to restore the main data file and leave the Backup purely as a Backup.
How do I do this?
Thanks for your help. Murray
Photo of Murray Talman

Murray Talman

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Kevin Russell

Kevin Russell, Accredited Partner

• 45,422 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Where did you get a Mac version of quicken
Photo of Murray Talman

Murray Talman

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
It is not a Mac version. I am using it on Windows with Parallels to operate on the MacBook 
Photo of David Hunt

David Hunt

• 320 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
am I missing something? Can't you just open the program with whatever file. then after you have the program running use menu File,Open to find your target file. The next time it should remember it unless you have the 8 character file name bug.?

BTW you should copy the entire data folder from previous location to the new location. Quicken backup or restore should not be relied on. 
(Edited)