how to reverse payroll already submitted to ATO

  • 1
  • Question
  • Updated 1 month ago
I have done an adjustment and it has been submitted to the ATO. The adjustment is incorrect. 

How do I reverse this? 
Photo of Britt


  • 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 month ago

  • 1
Photo of Platinum


  • 932 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
There is no reversal button as such, but there are two approaches.

One is : send another adjustment with opposite figures to the original, i.e. same amounts but with negatives in place of positives and positives in place of negatives. That’ll put you back to square one. Then send the correct adjustment.

Other way: figure out the difference between your incorrect interim figures and your desired final figures, and send an adjustment for those amounts to correct the amounts in one step.