how to set up a prepaid visa card for fuel purchases and how to enter transactions in premier 2017

StaceyL123
StaceyL123 Member Posts: 27 ✭✭

Comments

• DebonAir
    DebonAir Member Posts: 392
    edited April 2018
    can you please provide a little more detail on this so we can help with options.

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Hi StaceyL123.  The simplest way would be to create a Credit Card Account called something like Prepaid Visa - name of person (if applicable).  The EFT that created a credit to the Prepaid Card would then be the first transaction and instead of a expense account on the "cheque"/EFT, you would use the newly created Visa Prepaid account.  Each time the card was used, you would treat this as a Credit Card Charge (in a similar manner as you would do with a Cheque - it is the same type of transaction).and would be coded to you fuel expense account.
    John L G.
  • StaceyL123
    edited March 2017
    we recently got a prepaid visa card from the post office.   This gets topped up from the business account using EFTPOS card at the post office.   $206.95 initially - $200 to use and $6.95 set up fee.
    One employee uses the card to fill up with fuel and other expenses.  I want to know how to set it up will it be a bank account or other current liability. Then I need to put the bills in as they have gst attached to them.   As this will be an ongoing - how do I go about it.  
  • StaceyL123
    edited March 2017
    I will experiment with that and see what happens.