How to submit "PAYG payment summary - individual non-business" directly from Reckons Accounts Premie

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 39
edited August 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Background:
At the moment l submit my employees "PAYG annual payment summary - individual non-business" manually to the ATO by completing ATO forms for each employee. We are a small business but steadily growing in employees.

I would like to submit the annual payment summaries online. 

In line with the ATO requirements to lodge online, l have an AUSkey and a supplier number, but not sure about the "software requirements' to get this process started.

Can someone advise?

Thank you
Vicky

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    edited September 2014
    Options

Hi Kevin,

We are using Accounts Premier Edition 2014.

Thanks Vicky

• [Deleted User]
    edited August 2019
    Options

Hi Kevin,

I have done this and lodged a test file and received confirmation of its lodgement. Thanks for your help.

While l have your attention, could you please clarify the following:

- is GovConnect built into the Reckon software and is its purpose to produce compatible data files.

- In Reckon,  what does Employees / process CDEP payments do? I do not have any CDEP payments but am wanting to know what this function does?

- If l was to lodge employee annual payment summaries next financial year, how do l adjust the Reckon payment summary for allowances as these are deducted from the Gross payments amount for which l would normally adjust manually on the ATO payment summary form. Can l do a manual adjust in Reckon?

Regards

Vicky

• Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2016
    Options

Hi Vicky,

GovConnect is exactly built for that. It is designed to bypass the portal and give you the ability to lodge directly through the software.

Please look at this link for CDEP payments https://www.ato.gov.au/Individuals/Tax-return/2013/Tax-return/Income-questions-1-12/5---Australian-G... (in Reckon it creates a .csv file)

You can alter what appears on a payment summary by modifying your payroll items (lists drop down menu). When you edit a payroll item there is an option on the Tax Tracking Type window where you can allocate where that amount is to appear on the Payment Summary.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Sally McIntosh (sally@samsolutions.com.au)

• [Deleted User]
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Hi Sally, all perfectly helpfull answers. Thank you so much. Vicky
  • [Deleted User]
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Hi Kevin,

To confirm what you are saying. Does the fact that l lodged a successful test Empdupe file last Friday on the Business  portal mean l don't have to worry about what Gov Connect is?

Thanks
    Vicky

• [Deleted User]
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Hi Kevin, on the portal l chose the 'test' option which vailidates the file but doesnt lodge. Then l received the following message from the ATO:
    Test successful for Payment summary annual report (PSAR), sent on 22/08/2014.                                          

File submitted  for test only and is NOT lodged.                                          

To lodge select the Lodge  option on the Lodge file screen.                                                                                                                         

Details of lodgment:                                                                      

-------------------------                                                                

File name: 2013.2014 EmpDupe                                                             

Supplier ABN: 31135871751                                                                

Validation results available: 22/08/2014                                                  

Reference number: 2510579969382 

I don't need to lodge using the portal this year as l have already completed and sent off the manual ATO payment summary forms to the ATO. I am just getting this new process set up ready for next year as l do not wish to hand write the forms out ever again.

Regards Vicky                                                    
  • Kevin V. Russell
    Kevin V. Russell Member Posts: 265
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Sure thing Vicki sounds like you are under control