How to use Reckon Accounts Enterprise 2017

• Question
  • Updated 10 months ago
  • Answered

We have closed a business whose accounts we processed on the hosted version of Reckon Accounts Premier.  We downloaded a 'final backup file' to my desktop on which we installed Reckon Accounts Enterprise 2017.

When I try to view the backed-up file I get error codes -6000 and -816, which seem to relate to someone else using the software, but that shouldn't be the case, as it's loaded onto my desktop, which is a stand-alone computer.

Can you please help me resolve this.

Photo of Chris

Chris

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 10 months ago

Photo of Kevin Russell

Kevin Russell, Accredited Partner

• 38,614 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Easily fixed. Turn off file sharing. Stop hosting multi user access from the utilities menu.
Photo of Chris

Chris

Thank you for your prompt reply, Kevin. 

Having opened the software, I’ve followed the path: File/Utilities/Host Multi User Access and turned Multi User Access OFF, but I still get the same message and error codes.
Photo of Kevin Russell

Call me 0407744914
Photo of John G

John G, Information Support Analyst

• 27,280 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Welcome to the Reckon community Chris.

This error is associated with additional features activated on your local security/antivirus/firewall.  See this article for the problem with Symantec.

Hope this helps.

regards,
John.
Photo of Kevin Russell

John G the problem arose because the file was not in the default location, once we moved it, the problem went away. Nothing to do with anti virus. Thanks for your input. 
Photo of Chris

Chris

Thank you, John.

Kevin has outlined the problem - which he has kindly resolved for me - so all is now fine.

Thank you both, again.

Regards, Chris

Photo of Kevin Russell

Piece of cake Chris.