How to set up Leave Liability Reports - Contractor Edition 2013

Trevor Watson
Trevor Watson Member Posts: 61
edited August 2016 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

I'd like to know how much the business owes in Sick Leave and Annual Leave and set this aside in a provision account, how can I have Accounts automatically do this every pay, obviously it's only going to be a "historic" figure but it will still be better than nothing.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Hey Trevor,

Thank you for reaching out to the Reckon Community.

To obtain these figures you will need to run a Leave Liability Report. To do so you click on Reports > Employees & Payroll > Leave Liability Report.

To ensure all employees appear in the report (and therefore the figures are correct) you will need to select the valid option in the employees profile. To do so you will need to go to the Employee Centre then right click on the employee and click Edit > Leave Details.

Once in the leave details you will need to click on the Leave Liability check box, which will ensure this employee is tracked in this report.

Hope this helps,
    Mirko
  • Trevor Watson
    Trevor Watson Member Posts: 61
    edited April 2014
    Thanks Mirko
  • Mirko
    edited November 2015
    You're welcome Trevor. Glad to be of help!
  • Margaret Jackson
    Margaret Jackson Member Posts: 5
    edited September 2014
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled leave liability report problem. employee hourly rate not showing or calculating value on leave liability report.  everyone seems to be set up the same but I have three different things happening??
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2015
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Leave liability rate of pay not applying correctly for all employees. I am trying to understand where the rate of pay is derived from in respect of the leave liability report. I have the vast majority of employees working fine but I have 3 that are incorrect and I can't identify how to correct. Two of the 3 have a zero rate of pay applying and the other has a random token amount it appears. 1 is fulltime and 2 are casual but I have other casuals and fulltimers working perfectly so I am at a bit of loss
  • Mirko
    edited November 2015
    Hey Mark, please try these and let us know how you went.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited September 2014
    This is the way that we have set up our accruals and ticked liability reports.  However the hourly rate that appears in the report seems to be different for employees, sometimes it is zero, other times it is to do with a once off payment.  I have tried to delete the once off payment amounts and yet it doesn't reflect in the liability report.  I there a way to tell where QuickBooks is pulling this rate from?
  • [Deleted User]
    edited September 2014
    Yep - I am with Elizabeth on this one. Reading above it looks like Margaret Jackson has the same problem also. I think it has to do with historical rates compared to current rates. I can't understand the logic of this but it almost seems that for some employees it is taking the current rate and subtracting from the last historical rate. This explains why some are coming in at zero. The odd thing is why it is doing it for only 3 staff and not everyone. It appears to be a glitch in the system to me.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited September 2014
    Margaret Jackson, Elizabeth Giles and Allan I have reposted this again so it is not lost in the merger of this conversation as it appears it may be a common problem
  • Dharmesh
    Dharmesh Alumni Posts: 11
    edited September 2014

Hi All,

Thanks for your Post

Leave Liability report calculate the balance based on whatever the hourly rate enter in the employee card. And that is the rate it will show in the report as well.

Example: I created brand new file and set up employee card as hourly rate = $25 and I process 2 pays and if I check the leave liability report afterwards then It will show hourly rate as $25 in the leave liability report but then I change the hourly rate to the $30 under the employee card and then process one more pay and now it’s showing rate is $30 in report.

Please Note: It will show 0 rate in the report if you have hourly rate set to $0 in the employee card. In general, Leave liability report always pick up the last rate as per employee card but in some case after change the rate in the employee card you might need to process new pay and It will reflect afterwards.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Dharmesh

• [Deleted User]
    edited September 2014

Theory is sound but it in practice this is not the solution. I have one employee who the liability report reflect 0 rate of pay for the first time in May inexplicably and there has been no change in pay since last November. This one was working ok previous to May. He is a monthly salary and has had 4 pays posted subsequent to the first break in report.

The other two are hourly pays. One has not been working ever from what I can see and the other could be picking up current rate less last historical rate (give a bit of rounding). This one has been incorrect for a long time also with many subsequent pays processed.

To me these problems are random rather than systematic.

• Margaret Jackson
    edited September 2014
    when I had this problem a couple months ago - someone from technical help at Reckon emailed me - seemed a wierd fix but it seemed to work.  I have deleted the email but I am pretty sure I just went into the payroll section - cleared out all the hourly pay rate info for employees not calculating correctly - saved the changes, shut the file down - reopened the file, and re-entered the exact same information  I had just deleted.  Dont ask me how but it worked and all is now fine - was obviously just a glitch in the system for some unexplainable reason!!  Hope this helps (and also hope you dont have loads of employees that its not working for that you need to delete and reenter info!!) :)
  • Margaret Jackson
    edited September 2014

Appears I didnt delete the email - this is the answer I got from the Advantage support people.

Go to the Employee’s record that has the issue and remove all the earnings items so it’s blank, click ok button. Then go back to the earnings item fields and re-enter in the exact same data.

Now generate the Liability report.

• [Deleted User]
    edited September 2014
    Thanks Margaret, Will give this a go. The old "turn it off and turn it on" theory in a different guise it seems!
  • Margaret Jackson
    edited September 2014

yes!  must admit I was very dubious of this theory - but figured I had nothing to lose except a bit of time.  it worked and last time I looked was all good.  Dont ask me how but just happy to know it was fixed and nothing that we had actually done or entered incorrectly had caused it.

• [Deleted User]
    edited September 2014
    Thanks Margaret - I am keen to give this a try.  Can you confirm that deleting the data had no impact on payslips drafted using the prior information?
  • Margaret Jackson
    edited September 2014
    Hi Elizabeth - I cannot confirm that deleting the data has had no impact on payslips drafted previously - but it certainly doesnt appear to have had any effect - all looks good