How do I enter inventory - fresh fruit - that we produce ourselves for a $ value

Options
carol@pomlife.com.au
carol@pomlife.com.au Member Posts: 1
edited December 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
We have Reckon Enterprise and we need to enter a cost price per item so we can see what profit we make when we sell it

Comments

• Graham Boast
    Graham Boast Accredited Partner Posts: 331 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Hi Carol

You can use Reckon's Bill of Materials feature to incorporate one or more cost components (non-inventory parts) into the inventory cost.

A few tricks:
    • when setting up the component cost parts, tick the "this item is used in assemblies.." tickbox;
    • the "purchase information" side is where you can cost the input.
    • Use new accounts for the expense account (eg Inventory Cost:Packaging Costs).  This way, you will show an expense for packaging costs (a debit), and a negative cost (a credit) for costs allocated when the inventory is "assembled",  you can then easily compare the actual costs vs costs recovered.
    • You also need to create "inventory assemblies" for each of the products you sell
    • each days packing is recorded as "build assemblies" to reflect cartons/crates packed
    I too am based in the Goulburn Valley so I would be happy to consult with you on this.

Graham Boast
    Reckon Accredited Consultant
    graham@reckonhelp.com.au
    www.reckonhelp.com.au/remotesupport

Graham Boast | 0409 317366 | graham@reckonhelp.com.au