How do I fix an an employee's payslip issued in Apr 2014 which should have been ETP

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
A part time employee was genuinely made redundant in April 2014.  I mistakenly put his redundancy pay as normal payroll therefore payg was applied to it.  I'm about to issue payment summaries and now realise that this employee's pay should have been entered following ETP procedures.  Can you please advise me on how I would fix this up please? I've also upgraded Reckon Hosted to R3 (yikes!).  I've spoken to ATO who have confirmed that as the amount was below the cap no tax should have been deducted.

Thank you so much in advance.
Photo of Tan-ni

Tan-ni

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Jay Jay

Jay Jay, Employee

• 978 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Hi Tan-ni,

Welcome to Reckon Community and thank you for your post, you can try the following,

Before starting, please make sure you have a backup, and the following process need to be done in the R1 release of the Reckon accounts 2014

1, make a new payroll item for ETP.

2, in this employee record remove the release date and delete the incorrect pay processed.

3 reprocess the pay using the correct ETP payroll item and follow by adding the release date back in the employee record.

4 Reprocess payment summaries.

hope this helps you resolve the problem.