How do I pay bills from undeposited funds

Kerry Graves Brimble
Kerry Graves Brimble Member Posts: 1
edited February 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
how do I pay bills from undeposited funds? Undeposited funds is set up as a current asset which we are not able to change to a "bank account" and therefore not available to select as an option to pay from.

Comments

• Deny Dharmawan
    Deny Dharmawan Alumni Posts: 141
    edited August 2016

Hi Kerry,

You can try creating a new bank account, then Make Deposits from the Undeposited funds into the new bank account.

Then use the new bank account to pay bills.

Regards

Deny Dharmawan

• Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Hi Kerry, further to what Deny has said, you may want to consider changing a preference which is why your Undeposited Funds is so high. If you go to Edit drop down menu > Preferences > Sales & Customers > Company Preferences > untick the box which says to use Undepostied Funds as a default deposit to account. Then when you are receiving payments from customers you will now be able to post them directly to the bank account. This will allow you to fix past transactions also if need be. If you need any further assistance, feel free to email me sally@samsolutions.com.au. Good luck! Kind regards, Sally