How do renewal my licence for Reckon Accounts Hosted?

Sheila Fahy
Sheila Fahy Member Posts: 1
edited October 2017 in Accounts Hosted

Comments

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015

To renew your Hosted account please follow the steps below

1.       Login to your account with your user credentials at https://hosted.reckon.com

2.       Click on Control Panel.

3.    Select Manage users on the left under User Management

4.    Click on the Details check box first, now you see a detail view

5.    Now tick the Renew check box and select the Renew Tab

6.    Then follow the on screen prompt

If you have any difficulties renewing your license, give our customer service team a call on 1800 732 566.

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Hey Gary, thanks for your comment. Renewal will only start showing within 6 days of your renewal being due. I've also made some changes to my original post, as I realise, I missed a couple of things.
  • Krischan
    Krischan Member Posts: 23
    edited October 2014
    I agree - just wanted to renew as well - how stupid, they send you an email to renew but you can't. They better send me another email before it runs out. And I better not be on a holiday that week. ;-).
  • Krischan
    edited October 2014
    Now after writing to RECKON twice, one of the replies had the option of paying by EFT - which is fine and preferred. Note, the other reply from another employee did not give me this option. But I need to write to them again, because I have not received an invoice nor does there seem to be an issued invoice for download in the control panel. As a company, I need to have an tax invoice in order to make payments - right?! Why can't we just receive an email that it is due for reneal and go ahead and pay and get it out of the way? Can't be that hard to do it the same way as other companies do.
  • Krischan
    edited October 2014
    Yes, I was aware of their 6 day rule from your post and oen of my enquiries, but if you pay per EFT, you can pay it at any time before and not just within the 6 day window one of their support employees informed me upon another enquiry. This option is not listed in their emails... and I am paying something for which I have no invoice ... and this for an accounting software provider?!
  • Krischan
    edited October 2014
    Ha, now after 'requesting' an invoice, which on its own shouldn't be necesary, I received an Quote and the invoice will be issued after payment apparently. Is this usually how accounting works? Not in the business we run. But at least it came through quick - got to give 'em that.
  • Al Kelly_7035681
    Al Kelly_7035681 Member Posts: 14
    edited March 2015
    This thread answered the question i had about renewing my licence. It also reinforced my view that Reckon still has a way to go before it matures. I can't think of any of our suppliers who issue an invoice ?after? I've paid them. In fact, I don't pay them unless they provide an invoice.

Regards,

Al
  • Dean Lettfuss
    Dean Lettfuss Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2015
    Yes, very poor subscription renewal process.

I received an email for the renewal with no links to the website or Control Panel as stated in the email.

I had to perform a Google search to find out how to get to the Control Panel. Then I had to do another search on how to renew my subscription because there isn't an obvious "Renew" link or button, and then had to interpret what to do next with the following screen.

I can understand why users are looking elsewhere. This is just not good enough Reckon.
  • Andrew Hellier_6247585
    Andrew Hellier_6247585 Reckon Staff Posts: 169 Reckon Staff
    edited December 2016
    Hi Dean,

Thank you for your feedback.

I would like to apologise for the poor experience when attempting to renew your annual licence. If you could forward your details through to one@reckon.com I will have a contact centre staff member phone you to take your payment if this has not already been done.

A replacement for the control panel is being worked on by development as a priority and will be available to users as soon as possible.

Kind regards,
    Andrew Hellier
  • Kelly Leaning-Dalley_7329046
    Kelly Leaning-Dalley_7329046 Member Posts: 9
    edited December 2015
    Well I have just tried to renew two of our licences online in the control panel and the renew button still does not work and this is yet three months on - come on guys if you say you are going to fix something then do it.  Under promise over deliver is the moto most business people adhere to, I would suggest Reckon practice the same.
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited December 2016
    Hi Kelly,

I am sorry you have experienced this problem today.  Have you tried again with different results?

regards,
    John
  • lance arthy_6701920
    lance arthy_6701920 Member Posts: 14
    edited December 2016
    Reckon will automatically deduct monthly subscriptions, why can't that happen with an annual subscription?
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited December 2016
    Hey there Lance,

This option is not available at this stage. Annual subscriptions are fixed for a 12 month period and at their conclusion the decision on whether to renew or not has to be made. Monthly subscriptions are more of an 'ongoing service' due to the much shorter timeframe I suppose, similar to a monthly mobile phone bill etc. 

I can definitely see value in having the option however.

Cheers
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.