How do I remove acess to a company file for a user in Hosted?

Options
Michael Standen_6653669
Michael Standen_6653669 Member Posts: 30
edited October 2017 in Accounts Hosted
I have three users on my hosted account, who share different company files. How do I remve access to a company file for one of my Hosted shared users?

Comments

• Inigo
    Inigo Member Posts: 193
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Michael,

Pop back to the 'dashboard' and click the big button called "Control Panel".
    Go to the 'File Management' section and you can fix up the sharing options there.

-IM
  • Michael Standen_6653669
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Inigo, Yes I have gone down that path. I can certainly see how to share a file with another user and have set that up for several files. Thiing is, in troubleshooting some issues with the new environment, the TEch Help person created some new company files and they have been shared. Now, I have rationalised the number of files but I have some users with access to fles I dont want them to see nor share. But, I cant see how I remove their access to those files, I can only see how I add files to their lists?
  • ST_7038194
    ST_7038194 Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I am having the same problem. I have tried using manage shared folder access but no matter how many times I edit who can have access to the folder it just remains the same.
    edited September 2014
    Options
    hmm...not getting anywhere here. :(

edited February 2016
    Options
    OK After three phone calls and an hour talking with Technical Support - I have been told that I CANNOT remove access to a company folder for a user, I can only ADD access!!
    To remove access to a folder, I have to ask technical support, they will escalate it to their IT people who will do it. 
    This is ABSURD! I am the manager, owner and director of the company and I don't have the ability to control, once its granted, who does and does not have access to my company files!
    Perhaps someone can tell me who to complain to about this?
  • Alex Tan
    Alex Tan Member Posts: 83
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hi Michael,

I understand that this case is from 7 months ago but if you are still having this issue, or if anybody else is having this issue here are the options available with a clear guideline for each option.

I have read over your enquiry and there are 3 ways you can attempt to remove access to the file for one of your users.
    1. You can remove the login details to the file for that user in the Company dropdown > Users > Set Up Users and Roles
    2. You can login as the hosted user and attempt to manually delete the shared folder. (care - do NOT delete the file but the shared folder)
    3. If the shared folder keeps reappearing when the hosted user logs in then you will need to contact Reckon Technical Support on 1300 799 150 in order for us to escalate the matter to our networking department.
    Explanations for the above solutions
    1. You can remove the login details for the hosted user but they can still see the file.
    2. You can manually delete the shared folder (if you know what you are doing) but our system may detect the folder deletion as an accident and recreate it.
    3. This is why you need to contact Reckon Technical Support in order to confirm that you are attempting to delete the correct folder (and not the company file itself) and if this does not work we will need to escalate the case to our networking department.
    Hope this helps,
    -Alex