How do I set up my PDF creator printer?

Jessica Clark
Jessica Clark Member Posts: 1
edited October 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
How do I set up my PDF creator printer?

Comments

• Alex Tan
    Alex Tan Member Posts: 83
    edited February 2016
    Hi Jessica,

Welcome to the Community.

In regards to setting up the PDF creator printer, Reckon Accounts will automatically install the PDF printer for your convenience. You might see "QuickBooks V4 PDF Converter" in your "Devices and Printers" menu.

To let you know in general how to use the PDF feature in Reckon Accounts, you will need to:
    1) Have an invoice open. (for example)
    2) Click on File and go to "Save as PDF". - a pop-up window will appear.
    3) Browse to where you would like to save the PDF.
    4) At the bottom where it says "File name:", (*.pdf), remove the * symbol and type in your file name (example "invoice100c.pdf")
    5) Click Save and wait for the PDF to generate then browse to where you have saved it.

If you are experiencing any issues with the procedure above please let me know in some detail what is happening and where.

Regards,
    Alex
  • Steve_7559391
    Steve_7559391 Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2017
    Does this info apply to Hosted Reckon too?  I don't see the Reckon Accounts V4 PDF Converter in Printers & Devices.  We have to hit at least 5 different buttons(print,view,print,print,print) before a PDF job goes to printer from Reckon.  The has to be a better way, please help!
  • Alex Tan
    edited February 2016
    Hi Steve,

The set of instructions do not apply to the Hosted version of Reckon Accounts.

When printing from Hosted please print to the "Reckon Redirected #" printer so that it creates a PDF then you can print from your local printer.

Regards,
    Alex
  • Steve_7559391
    Steve_7559391 Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2015
    Thanks Alex, so there is no way to short cut the 5 step process then?
  • Alex Tan
    edited February 2016
    Hi Steve,

I am not too sure what you mean by shortcut to step 5 but you have to follow the steps I replied to you with in order to print from Reckon Hosted.
    1. Click Print
    2. Select to print to the redirected printer
    3. Wait for the PDF to generate
    4. then print to your local printer
    There are no shortcuts to printing on Hosted unfortunately

Regards
    -Alex
  • Jennifer Hoffman
    Jennifer Hoffman Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2015
    I reinstalled PDFCreator 2.2, under the start menu I searched for PDFCreator then right clicked on the application icon.  I chose "troubleshoot compatibility".  I let it use its default setting to find issues and it told me it fixed "Windows compatibility mode: Windows XP (Service Pack 2).  It said to run the program to check and see if anything was fixed.  I clicked "Start the program".  When I opened it I got a window that had two buttons "Application Settings" and "Profile Settings".  I clicked on "Application Settings".  On the next window, I chose the "Printers" tab and clicked "Add Printer" and followed the self-explanatory steps, then Save.  The original troubleshooting window was still open and I had to click next then YES save these settings for this program for it to stick. The PDFCreator is now available under Devices and Printers.
  • Kim Martin
    Kim Martin Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2017
    This is a big problem, there are way too many key strokes to print with reckon hosted. Kim