How to enter odometer and litres to calulate diesel rebate

Cathi P
Cathi P Member Posts: 19
edited October 2018 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I'm after some suggestions for an easy way to enter and use Accounts to help me calculate the diesel rebate. Previously I've noted date, odometer and litres in the description field against the expense account in my Bills. I'm currently trialling using Items, which at least allows me to input the litres, but has no odometer field. Obviously in both cases, I still need to run a report and export to excel to tally the figures. That is what causes the difficulty, since I'm working with 5 vehicles (classes) and often some of the dates export as text causing all sorts of problems with sorting correctly.

There must be an easier way to do this!

Comments

• Palak
    Palak Alumni Posts: 37
    edited October 2018
    Hi Cathi,

Thank you for your question.

I hope you are enjoying the trial version of Reckon Accounts.

To enter Odomoteter and liters to calculate diesel rebate, You will have to enter it through Enter Vehicle Mileage... option which is only available in Reckon Accounts Pro and above.

To do that,  Go to Company > Enter Vehicle Mileage

Here you have the option to enter the Odometer data, Item link and assign Vehicle and Customer to it.

We hope above help you.

Thanks.

Palak
  • Cathi P
    Cathi P Member Posts: 19
    edited July 2014
    Hi Palak,

I've had a look at that too, and have set up all my vehicles to use that, but then noticed there is nowhere for me to input my litres used.

As the diesel rebate requires me to enter a $ figure, based on the total litres purchased/used for the time period, this is a must have.

The odometer is not necessary for the calculation, but helps ensure nothing has been doubled up or missed, and is required as a part of our record keeping, even though it is not submitted.

At the moment, I can only see a number of different places that different bits of information can be entered, but nowhere that I can enter the whole lot in one transaction.

(I am using the "Pro" version of Accounts Hosted, as I generally access from a Mac, and am not on a trial version)

Any other ideas?
  • Palak
    Palak Alumni Posts: 37
    edited January 2015
    Hi Cathi,

Thank you for your response.

in this case you should try to calculate through Unit of Measure.

To do that, Go to Lists > U/M set List

in case if you can not see under list then it might be inactive

You can activate from Edit > Preferences > Items & Inventory Company Preferences and tick Enable units of Measure  please

Thanks

Palak
  • SusanR
    SusanR Accredited Partner Posts: 30 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited November 2016
    Hi Cathi,

I think this will give you the result you are asking.

Using the Enter Vehicle Mileage feature, navigate to Mileage Rates at the top of this window and record your rebate rate.

Then, enter a Vehicle and use the Total Kilometres field to record the litres.  Save this transaction.

From the Enter Vehicle Mileage feature window, click Mileage Reports, then Mileage by Vehicle Detail.

You can then modify the report to change the name and memorise the report to generate each reporting period and save with your BAS supporting documentation.

You can also export the report to Microsoft Excel if you would prefer to change some of the column headings.

I hope this helps.

Sue