how to save the company files I use commonly onto the desktop shortcut

Options
Bronwyn_6650883
Bronwyn_6650883 Member Posts: 2
I'm just enquiring how to save the company files that I use onto the desktop; as i reinstalled my files and restored the working files, but now when ever I go to the reckon shortcut, I have to go through the whole process of opening each file independently, when they all used to show up on one screen for me to select which one I wanted to open?

Comments

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi Bronwyn,

Thanks for asking the Reckon Community.

I presume you are using Accounts Business 2013.  It sounds like you are missing a directory in one of your Accounts Business folders.

In the folder C:\ProgramData\Intuit create a new folder called QuickBooks 2013.
    (take care that there is one space between the word and the numbers).

Now launch Accounts Business 2013 again.  You will still need to find your company files once, but the next time you open Accounts Business the last opened company file should open.  

regards,
    John

• Bronwyn_6650883
    Bronwyn_6650883 Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Thanks for your response John.
    In Intuit, there already is a ReckonAccounts 2013 file, and a QuickBooks 2012-2013 file.  When I try to open a new folder to name it 'QuickBooks 2013' as you suggest, it says access denied...??
  • Shisir
    Shisir Alumni Posts: 230
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Hi Bronwyn
    You will  have to create the New Folder on that Folder (C:\ProgramData\Intuit ...). (Assuming you are using windows 7 or Vista or 8. If you are using Windows XP please go to the link given below and follow the instructions.)
    In orderto create the new Folder please access to that drive first which is
    1.C: drive
    2.Program data
    3.Intuit
    4.Now right click here in this folder and click on New -> folder.
    As you are getting  access denied error, I suspect you might be doing this inside 'Program files' folder.
    It is not program files folder but is 'Program Data'.
    Just in case if you don't see this folder, it means it is hidden. You will have to unhide this folder.
    Details instruction is available  here. http://www.quicken.com.au/kb/issue_view.asp?ID=4892
    Hope this helps.
    Regards
    Shisir