I am currently researching options of scanning invoices to QuickBooks to cut down on data entry. Is

Louise Gultekin
Louise Gultekin Member Posts: 2
I am currently researching options of scanning invoices to QuickBooks to cut down on data entry. Is anyone able to make any recommendations?

Comments

• cosmic
    cosmic Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    YES, we are in the process of getting this done very soon, we  will be able to automate all your bill; processing, the application will capture your supplier bills and process into reckon accounts.please call me for further information

Cosmic Accounting Group

Accountants and Tax Agents 22397009

• Louise Gultekin
    Louise Gultekin Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2015

Hi Chandra,

I am based in New Zealand. Which application are you looking at?

Regards

Louise

• cosmic
    edited September 2018
    Further to this, we are working on , where all your pdf invoices coming via email, will be captured "trained" to pick up required fields like date, inv no, qty , items, descp amount , po , job no, and then be able to process into bills all automated.  this will save lots of manual data entry and reduce possible wages cost in employing a payable person.

Cosmic Accounting Group

• cosmic
    edited September 2018
    Louse , this our application , no outside application, call me on skype:chandra710

Cosmic Accounting Group

• cosmic
    edited September 2018
    hi Louise, i did try to call you , but i was told you will be there on FRIDAY

Cosmic Accounting Group

• Jenny Stirling
    Jenny Stirling Member Posts: 6
    edited July 2019
    Louise - what did you go with?  I am contemplating using the software provided by personable.com - had a one on one demo online with them this morning and it looked really good and the person I spoke with was really helpful - software is SourceLink and ScanWriter.  Would really like to know how you got on though.
  • Carrie_7009426
    Carrie_7009426 Member Posts: 67
    edited April 2017
    Hi Jenny,  Did you go ahead with SourceLink?  I am currently looking at this software as well but can't find that many people are using it.
    Thanks,  Carrie
  • Jenny Stirling
    edited April 2017

HI Carrie

Yes we did go ahead with it and are still using it.  Where in the world are you?  We are CHCH, New Zealand and dealing with Personable in San Fran is quite challenging at times.  We had a rocky start with IT type issues getting the software working - this was a combination of our server set up and their software access etc.  We now still have a couple of issues with the reader but when we do we just send it off to San Fran and it arrives back all fixed.  The struggles are mainly around non standard invoices - if all suppliers used Xero and all invoices looked the same ie layout and GST presentation then the reader would work perfectly.  Unfortunately that is not the case.  Happy to chat you through our experience if you wish.  jenny.stirling @srblaw.co.nz

• cosmic
    edited April 2017
    yes , fully agree , Xero and others works perfectly well if all the suppliers invoices are  simple multiple lines are same ,  and only way it they are able to get in is BACKENDby  manual intervention, you need team of people at backend to do the entry for you , which is not full automated entry (ocr) .
    I have got  supplier invoices of electrical wholesaler  we could not achieve success, as we have also developed OCR automated entry spent lots of money but aborted.
    None of the big OCR providers could  do our electrical supplier invoices.
    only way it can be achieved is back end entry intervention .
    I can talk lots on this as i lost of money, as OCR is never a 100% technology.
    We achieved 95 to 97% success with our OCR this i mean complicated multiple line supplier invoices , but we were not satisfied and did not want to engage big team of back end support team as currently all other OCR providers do.

Cosmic Accounting Group

• Carrie_7009426
    edited April 2017
    Hi Jenny - we are in Aus and using Reckon Premier.  Are you using SourceLink and/or ScanWriter?  I am currently only interested in SourceLink as a means of records management.
  • Jenny Stirling
    edited April 2017
    HI Carrie - we use both sourcelink and scanwriter - sourcelink no on going issues (just the implementation but that was probably more to do with our server set up than sourcelink issues).  Scanwriter uses readers to "read" invoices and pick out the necessary information and that is what we have on going issues with as suppliers change the format or presentation of their invoices.  Sourcelink is great and cheap for document management in QuickBooks/Reckon - real step towards paperless.  We are very happy with it. 
  • Carrie_7009426
    edited April 2017
    Sounds good.  Their website only lists a Canadian and American version - which one did you go with ?