I am getting Error code -6123,0

Options
Orkun Evren
Orkun Evren Member Posts: 41
edited January 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I am having a play with Reckon Accounts 2018 before changing 9 other pc's but for some reason I am now getting Error code -6123,0. The data file is on the host pc so it is not a network issue. I have tried opening 2017 as well and I am having the same problem. 

On the kb I have seen network issues and stopping and restarting services but to no avail.  I was using the file. Shut out for the day and now cannot reopen.

Any help appreciated.

Orkun

Comments

• gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 803 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Orkun.   Make sure only ONE computer on the network is running the "HOST" service (ie:  the QBDBMgr database sharing service).  You mentioned 'playing with 2018,  and maybe you have the QBDBMgr service for 2017 running at same time which is a nono.   You can only have one master cook in the kitchen so to speak.

DO a Google Search for "RECKON 6123"   and you'll find plenty of topics on this conundrum,  that are links on the Reckon Community FORUM here.  (The Google method of searching them is terrific).

Gary

• Orkun Evren
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Hi Gary

I never trust the first releases of Reckon software as we always have problems so I always load the new release on my notebook first and give it the works, invoices, estimates, payroll, emailing etc to see what problems exist. This way I am not having my staff coming up against dead ends in their day to day routines.

The company file is still working on our network perfectly but i cannot restore a backup or open a sample file or main file from my notebook which was working up until now. My notebook is not on the network while testing on 2018 so its not a network or firewall issue.

• Orkun Evren
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Gary

After looking at all the solutions and trying almost every recommendation without any success I found an article about Mcafee and though I would give my antivirus a go. We are using AVG Business edition and turning that off, the file opened up first go so it is something related to AVG it would seem.

This discussion has been closed.