I am getting Gateway session disconnection all the time. Any idea why this is happening?

• Question
  • Updated 8 months ago
  • Answered
I have a new laptop so I can still do my bookwork when I am not at home. I am finding I am getting Gateway session disconnection all the time. Any idea why this is happening?
Photo of PAM Urquhart

PAM Urquhart

• 180 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 55,250 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi there Pam,

Sorry to hear you're having connection issues, how often would you say this is happening and at what intervals?

How are you connecting on your laptop, Wi-Fi/ethernet to a fixed broadband connection or a mobile network/mobile hotspot?

Does this issue only occur when you're using Hosted on the laptop and did it only start occurring recently?

Let us know

Cheers
Rav
Photo of PAM Urquhart

PAM Urquhart

Hi Rav
this disconnection problem is still happening.
You havent provided any answers as to why.
Would it be because Reckon doesnt work well through wifi and prefers a cord connecton to the internet?
Pam
Photo of PAM Urquhart

PAM Urquhart

Hi Rav
It is only happening on my laptop, my home computer is ok, it seems to disconnect me as soon as I stop doing anything within the program. For example if I go to my email then go back to Reckon its disconnected, so it is happening frequently.
My laptop is connected by WiFi in a home.
regards
Pam
Photo of RL

RL

• 512 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
This happens to myself as well. I first thought that this was due to the tax upgrades as it stared just before the end of year. I operate on tow vey different internet systems ( adsl and fibre) so I do not believe that this is due to my connections. All I have to do is to move my curser near the file tab and it will disconnect. If I am fast enough I can log back in and the system will still have me where I left off. Very difficult running a payroll or AP functions.
Photo of PAM Urquhart

PAM Urquhart

Yes I agree very difficult to work with.
Photo of Michelle Coubrough

Michelle Coubrough

• 60 Points
I'm having the same problem! Running Accounts hosted on two desktops. The employee desktop doesn't seem to have a problem but my desktop (HP all in one system windows 10) boots me off at all different occasions. Editing a transaction, entering a transaction or even just searching. Happens within minutes. Unable to pin point if any thing in particular is the cause. And I am the administrator - main log on.
Photo of Ra Schwalger

Ra Schwalger

• 66 Points
I am also in the same situation.  For the past week I have had to close out of Reckon and re-log in.  Its a bit difficult especially when trying to do Payroll.  I have had our IT look at everything, including internet connections and PC upgrades.  Would be great to get an idea as to what else i can do to prevent this from happening so regularly.  :-/