I am missing a recent transaction I entered, however it has affected the balance of the calendar vie

Jillian Doncon
Jillian Doncon Member Posts: 14
edited September 2019 in Personal Plus and Home & Business
I have Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2015. A really odd thing has happened with a transaction I entered so I hope I can explain myself effectively.
I entered a future deposit via the Calendar view into the date 23 August 2015 for $6395.21. Once entered, I could not see the transaction, however the balance of the account has changed to that amount as far back as 1 May 2010. The transaction does not appear in the Account Transaction screen and the balance hasn't changed either. However, on the left in the Accounts list the balance has. The transaction does not appear on any reports I have run.
The strangest part is that when I look at the month of April 2010 in calendar view the balance is correct, however as soon as I switch to view May 2010 it shows the increased balance, but no transactions.
What could I do to solve this problem?

Comments

• ARC BookKeeping
    ARC BookKeeping Member Posts: 168
    edited July 2015
    Hi Jillian,
    I only have Home & Business, Try 'Edit' (top left of your screen) 'find' or 'find & replace' (or something like that)
    narrow your search to 'amount' match if 'exact' & enter the exact amount in your case $6395.21

hope this works for you.

Angie Carlyle
  • Chris Appleby
    Chris Appleby Member Posts: 28
    edited September 2019
    Hi Jillian,

It may be that you've accidentally put in the wrong date. I suggest a search for the transaction - either by name or amount. right click in the payee or amount box and select find, then find all. Also make sure your register is sorting by date - click on the date heading to select.
    Good luck.